Edible eggs post-changing food

Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn

Songster
16 Years
Mar 26, 2008
East Central FL
One of my pullets surprised me and started laying eggs before I could get them off Medicated Starter and onto Layer crumbles. So, we changed foods immediately. The first 4 eggs were small the first 5 days. BUT, yesterday's egg was normal size. Should I assume then it is safe to eat that egg? We were told by the local feed & seed store to wait two weeks before eating any eggs. It will be 1 week since changing food. How long do you all say that it takes for medicated feed to clear the system?

Thanks

I asked about this a while back and was told that the medicated starter doesn't affect the eggs. I have a flock of mixed ages that will be on starter until the youngest ones start to lay but I am still eating the eggs.

Quote:
Oh thank you for that info. I haven't thrown out any food as of yet. If it isn't a problem, are you able to link me to your thread? I'd love to read it.

ETA: Never mind about linking me. I found it through a search. I see this is a question that comes up frequently. Maybe they should make it a 'sticky' at the top of the page.

Robin

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom