EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Morning Abi. Some coffee for the shop
:drool
good morning MC, missed you, thanks for the cuppa good morning Mr. Master winter is coming soon at my home !!
70° today, and snow tomorrow night.

Lady Elaine, hello to you

awwwwww

yer dutch?
My youngest sister's inlaws are all Pennsylvania Dutch.

How did you come up with that name? you never went to the names thread and added yer ummm birds names
Where is that thread? I need to add my chickens' legband colors and numbers.
old.gif

I have 4 cockerels I need to butcher this weekend. Three of them I have no problem with, but the fourth is the spitting image of his daddy. Part of me says keep him, in case I lose Tucker. On the other hand, keeping him makes no sense 'cause he's the result of a cross; no guarantee that he'll throw a look-alike.
I have at least 10 to butcher. I'm supposed to assess who goes tomorrow but I'll need help holding them.
It is the part of chicken keeping I always put off too long.

Thanks for that.
Dedicated to the cold front about to move in.
0.jpg

Morning Captain indeed winter is coming. Windshield had ice yesterday. Going to have to winterize the place this weekend.

It was an unseasonably warm 65F at 7AM this morning. It will be mid 20s by tomorrow night. First quick drop of the season always makes grumpy chickens.
We hit a record of 83F yesterday. Blew away the old record by 3 degrees.

I just saw an aerial view of the area and leaf colors are at their peak. That usually happens the second week of October here.
We'll easily have the warmest November on record - which followed the second warmest October on record - last year was the warmest Oct.

Just a bit.

I used to be able to stumble along ok in spanish, but I've forgotten most of it....
It is a shame to lose what we took so long to learn.
I never had any formal German classes but I'm most comfortable speaking that than any other after living there 2 years and several long stays in Germany, Austria and Switzerland since.
My daughter studied German for 4 years. I took my kids skiing in Austria and after a bit she looked at me and said "how did you learn that much?"
I had a few semesters of French in college but never got comfortable speaking it. I can still read it though.
4 years of HS Spanish and about 50 trips to Spanish speaking countries I'm fairly comfortable speaking it but my grammar is really poor. It doesn't help that Castilian Spanish is so different from PR or CR Spanish.
I picked up a lot of Italian of a couple long stays there.

Last edited:
Good morning, y'all
frow.gif
frow.gif

I'm not really here; I'm really a figment of your early morning imaginations.
I'm actually in the blind hunting, or will be, hoping to see something other than the back of my eyelids.
BBL
Hi Whites!

GOOD MORNING!! TGIF!!
celebrate.gif
I APOLOGIZE FOR HAVING TO CLOSE THE SHOP YESTERDAY!
GOOD MORNING, @Auroradream26

Hello MC, thank you!

Hi Chaos!

Hello SilverHair!

Morning MC et all.
frow.gif
Hi campingshaws!

sorry i was gone for so long! i was at my grandmas house all day mowing her 1200 (well, not 1200....) miles of land for the last time before it snows....YAY SNOW GO SNOW
woot.gif
Hello, and Boooooooooo snow!

Hello Pensmaster!

Morning everyone else- TGIF!!
wee.gif
Hello Banti!

Quote: Tuck's doing just fine. He's finally gotten some backbone when it's time to put on his dominant rooster hat. I didn't see it, but DW said he and the cockerel who looks so much like him got into it pretty good yesterday, yet they're still living in the same coop; I guess Junior got knocked down a peg or two.

About the only way I can tell from a distance which one is Tucker is one of the longer feathers in the bottom of his tail hangs down by itself. Junior's learning fast what hens are for; I saw him on one of his sisters a few minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom