EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Chaos, I think its good everyone get to know that pretzel salad well, as its made in huge trays in nursing homes
gig.gif

JERRY LEE LEWIS

You Are My Sunshine Lyrics

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you, held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
[Incomprehensible]

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you could only ooh, feel the same
But in your heart, dear, oh, you love another
And you have shattered all of my dreams

So please don't take my sunshine away

Lyrics found <a href="http://www.elyrics.net/read/j/jerry-lee-lewis-lyrics/you-are-my-sunshine-lyrics.html">here</a>

Mornin Paddler! Sounds like a wonderful meal! And to have the kid cook it all is FANTASTIC! I bet that turkey is going to amazing!
My dad always complains about the marshmallows. But when I dont add them the kids all complain, Dad can complain he is more tolerable now that he is old, I just dont listen
big_smile.png
I hope FIL surgeries work well for him and he heals quickly.

Mornin'.
I'm like your dad. I always shun the extra sweet stuff. Some of the pies are just over the top. I can't do whipped cream on my pumpkin pie either. Why ruin a good pumpkin pie.
I can do cheese cake too.
My son is proud of his cooking skills.
He said my daughter was bringing dessert. I asked if she was making it and he said he thought she was buying something from the grocery store. I called and told her not to bother, I was making the pie.

Last edited:
LOL Liz, you know the PA dutch are not all about healthy food stuffs
lau.gif
lol, i'll bring extra insulin

Mornin'.
I'm like your dad. I always shun the extra sweet stuff. Some of the pies are just over the top. I can't do whipped cream on my pumpkin pie either. Why ruin a good pumpkin pie.
He said my daughter was bringing dessert. I asked if she was making it and he said he thought she was buying something from the grocery store. I called and told her not to bother, I mas making the pie.
lol

Mornin Beautiful!!! YES WAFFLES its a HOLIDAY!!! Nothing like a warm waffle with butter and sugar on it as a BREAD with a holiday meal! And you know us Dutch do whut we wunt!!! seriously tradition! filling- Fried chopped onion and celery in a bit of veg oil, then adding 1/2" chunks of bread and frying a bit until the bread has some crustiness, make mash potatoes and add a few eggs mix add some parsley flakes and gently stir in the bread stuffs salt and pep too..... I will show you a pic of some later, I just made some. but for now here off web
Amish-Potato-Stuffing-Recipe_11.jpg
picqNn2Tr.jpg
Hot lettuce is just that Rip up head of lettuce in bowl add sliced hard boiled eggs bacon cooked and chopped up and bacon dressing is made hot from the drippings (do this from my head but its basically as follows)
Ingredients

• 3 slices bacon, crisp and chopped (I use two packs we like our bacon!!!)
    • 1 egg, well beaten
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup vinegar
    • 1/4 cup sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • salad greens ( lettuce, endive, spinach or dandelion)
    • chopped onion (optional)
Directions

1. Cook bacon until crisp; remove and chop.
  2. Add to greens.
  3. Add all other ingredients to the beaten egg and pour into the hot bacon fat and cook until thickened.
  4. Serve over greens, and add a little bit of chopped onion to salad, if desired.
picyfBUPt.jpg
COPES CORN is a toasted dried corn PA dutch tradition as well, I guess these all are!!! Its the corn in a casserole dish with milk cream egg tad flour and butter salt and peppper
5180317859_15a6fa0140.jpg
ea0f18fe1662ad40f8a614428c5a467b.jpg
Orange Cranberry salad
VOpfubDRmWluCEPl3_bVVUGcSOFcAEzXx2buv9ktoq_g5Ub0tGoJAN4K85PVwDj9XVBHPIxkQRlj6Yvx0dFL=s320-c-e365
Cranberry Orange Jello Salad 1 (6 oz.) box of orange jello 1/2 c. cranberries 1 c. mandarin oranges Drain mandarin oranges in a colander. In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of water and 1 1/2 cups whole cranberries (berries will break down to about 1/2 cup packed down cranberries for each recipe). Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium high when cranberries start to burst. Let cranberries burst for 3-4 minutes and remove from heat. If some cranberries are still whole that is fine. Strain in a separate colander. Smash berries down with the back of a spoon to remove excess water. In a large bowl mix the jello with 1 cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup cold water. Put covered jello in refrigerator for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes After jello is partially set, add the fruit and nuts. Cover and refrigerate until fully set. STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD CLICK HERE
Strawberry-Pretzel-Salad-600x400.jpg
picpap1B4.jpg
I like the last one better with raspberries than strawberries.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oops, I seem to have opened the friends thread in this tab over here...

Mornin'.
He said my daughter was bringing dessert. I asked if she was making it and he said he thought she was buying something from the grocery store. I called and told her not to bother, I mas making the pie.

Yep.... No storebought pies for me either!!

Back
Top Bottom