EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Wow, just wow...Are humans even warm enough?
1f602.png

:lol: I think so, maybe a little low but I think our core temp is around 98 or 99.

You just know he got swamped with calls. Heck, I'd sell him an egg for half what he's offering, and deliver it, even. 
Too bad false advertising laws wouldn't come into play, or would they?
Hmmm......interesting thought.  Wonder how long it would take me to get to Dothan & back; wouldn't want to miss the Orioles' game @ 1PM

:gig lol

Yes, yes it is... we have had a very weird spring, early snow melt, mostly gone by the end of march, we have had some days in the low 60s already and then high 20s and snow the next! 
hope Mom Nature figures it out soon, hard to plan and re-home new chicks with weather like this.

Similar here; 'cept snow is sticking around a whole lot longer.

I've considered tossing Mom Nature some Midol, methinks she needs it. :lol:

We were watching "Alaska, the Last Frontier" last night; they were talking about rushing to get ready for their 8 months of cold weather. I'll pass, TYVM

I'd move to AK, if I had no ties with my current place. There are some lovely spots in there with solitude like nowhere else.

We were watching "Alaska, the Last Frontier" last night; they were talking about rushing to get ready for their 8 months of cold weather. I'll pass, TYVM
the cold weather does have some benefits, you do not sweat as much chopping fire wood, but 8 months is a bit much. I will stick with our 5 months of the cold, the Alaskans and Eskimos can keep their 8 months.

I'd move to AK, if I had no ties with my current place. There are some lovely spots in there with solitude like nowhere else.

the cold weather does have some benefits, you do not sweat as much chopping fire wood, but 8 months is a bit much. I will stick with our 5 months of the cold, the Alaskans and Eskimos can keep their 8 months.  

The more cold the better, IMO. All that comes in summer is more work, more bugs, and terrible weather.

Now, fall on the other hand... I love.

Bear was here about an hour ago, not close enough to get a shot off, maybe tomorrow :fl

I love bear meat. Some don't. Haven't had a problem with them and my coops but have wanted to run electric fence as a preventive. All bee keepers use electric. Thought I had a wild pig in my run last yr, was gone when I came back out with the shotgun. Was seen around a few times, guy up the rd trapped it, turned out to be a potbelly went feral.
Bear breakfast sausage is awesome, would never know it wasn't beef breakfast sausage.
Good luck!

:gig It sure would!
I'm glad more of your duckies came back :hugs
Bummer.
theyre in the pond across the street now, gd bear :mad:

good morning everyone!
hi!! Long time no see

How large is this beast, anyway? You think maybe it could be a sow with cubs?

A few years old, maybe 150-180, no cubs

I love bear meat. Some don't. Haven't had a problem with them and my coops but have wanted to run electric fence as a preventive. All bee keepers use electric. Thought I had a wild pig in my run last yr, was gone when I came back out with the shotgun. Was seen around a few times, guy up the rd trapped it, turned out to be a potbelly went feral.
Bear breakfast sausage is awesome, would never know it wasn't beef breakfast sausage.
Good luck!
lol feral potbelly :gig

Back
Top Bottom