EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Seriously!!
And it is worse than skunk AND if it gets on other eggs it can infect them too.
I have not had a stinker in years as I rareley hatch shipped eggs - but was in no doubt about it when there was one. Very carefully placed it in a Baggie before removing it from the bator.
I don't want my eggs to not hatch, what one was the one that was the stinker?

should I leave it a little longer?

FYI these are not from our flock, but it was a quick drive away from where I am to this farm where we got them

Seriously!!

And it is worse than skunk AND if it gets on other eggs it can infect them too.

I have not had a stinker in years as I rareley hatch shipped eggs - but was in no doubt about it when there was one. Very carefully placed it in a Baggie before removing it from the bator.

I don't want my eggs to not hatch, what one was the one that was the stinker?

should I leave it a little longer?

FYI these are not from our flock, but it was a quick drive away from where I am to this farm where we got them

You can recognize a Stinker by smell. The whole Bator will small bad if you have one.
Most dead eggs are sterile. Dead eggs will only stink if they have a bacterial infection in them.
You are probably just fine if noting smells bad.

When we were cadling, I noticed nothing, if I had, in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail I would be on here asking"WHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Unless your olfactory senses don't work, you'll know when you open the incubator. Then you can sniff test all of them. I've only had a stinker once and a leaker once.
I had to remove a whole rail of the turner with the leaker. It was glued in place. I removed all the other eggs, carried the rail to the compost pile and broke the egg into it. Just a bit of cleaning but no problem compared to a stinker.

Unless your olfactory senses don't work, you'll know when you open the incubator. Then you can sniff test all of them. I've only had a stinker once and a leaker once.
I had to remove a whole rail of the turner with the leaker. It was glued in place. I removed all the other eggs, carried the rail to the compost pile and broke the egg into it. Just a bit of cleaning but no problem compared to a stinker.
that would be bad, and that's a lot of extra work to do

Expect the unexpected.
I wanted to add that it is extremely rare for all eggs to hatch without a glitch. Some animals just aren't meant to survive and there are always some infertiles - for lots of reasons.

Expect the unexpected.
I wanted to add that it is extremely rare for all eggs to hatch without a glitch. Some animals just aren't meant to survive and there are always some infertiles - for lots of reasons.
Wait, if you just told me to expect the unexpected, then does that make the unexpected expected, and the expected unexpected?

Last edited:

Expect the unexpected.

Wait, if you just told me to expect the unexpected, then does that make the unexpected expected, and the expected unexpected?

Methinks yer messing with us

Methinks yer messing with us
idunno.gif
Just wondering

Back
Top Bottom