EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I am sorry, Brain transplant are currently beyond the ability of science at this time..
I think their efforts were a resounding failure, not just slightly beyond their ability, based off the reaction of the test subject that is residing somewhere in Orrock MN. I believe he went batty and started collecting poultry.

Last edited:
Its a neurological disease that results from the injury. If they ca't get it in remisission, it can spread to the whole body including organs. so far just my hands and arms, shoulders and chest wall-thats why this appointment is so important. please say prayers :love

Prayers from all of us here!

I'm cooking 16 this trip; I'll also be surprised if any hatch. It might help if I knew how old they all are. I found 2 hidden stashes of eggs; over a dozen total. I put them all in the incubator, just out of curiosity. It's all set up out in the new building. Temp's held steady from the beginning; RH is all over the map. Wanted to see if I could successfully incubate out there; I think I have my answer. If anything hatches, it should be around the 15th.

Good luck on your hatch!

I'm cooking 16 this trip; I'll also be surprised if any hatch. It might help if I knew how old they all are. I found 2 hidden stashes of eggs; over a dozen total. I put them all in the incubator, just out of curiosity. It's all set up out in the new building. Temp's held steady from the beginning; RH is all over the map. Wanted to see if I could successfully incubate out there; I think I have my answer. If anything hatches, it should be around the 15th.
I'm setting at least a dozen today.
I've had way more hidden nests this year than ever before. Mostly my fault but I've had to send an insane number of eggs to the compost pile.
I've had lots of broodies this year too. None last year. :confused:
CC could do it, we all know he candles twice a day :lau
:lol:

I'm setting at least a dozen today.
I've had way more hidden nests this year than ever before. Mostly my fault but I've had to send an insane number of eggs to the compost pile.
I've had lots of broodies this year too. None last year. :confused:

:lol:

I have the coffee pot on, I am thinking we will have coffee outside instead of inside after you candle...Just in case of a mishap...

I think that the less of action, or borefom in Canada, made you all ........
View attachment 1103874
Beautiful and gray?

You let them in the house? or Hoose (in Canadianese,,)
Sometimes you'd be amazed at what I let in the "Hoose."
Well, my guests are mostly southerners, so if I put them down in the basement they'd freeze. I'm not turning on the heat for them.... So the fridge is the warmest place. It heats the food, you know, so it doesn't freeze solid.
Hmmm...didn't consider that. Thought they were at least THAT tough.:confused:
:smack

Well, if we left them in the garden shed, they'd freeze to death.
That one I knew. Southerners aren't cold hardy at all in outdoor temps.
:fl :fl :fl

Let us know if we need to come in and hold a knife blade to some throats to ensure you get proper treatment.
I'm down. :ya

Hello, I have an ongoing hatch right now with 10 barnyard mix and 7 serama. I've got 7 mix and 1 serama so far, all still drying off in the bator.

1 of the mix chicks has a bald spot on it's back, almost like the down stayed with the eggshell. Is that normal?

I've hatched a few button quail and attempted goose eggs, but was unsuccessful. This is my first chicken incubation.

I've been dry running the bator in my basement which turns out to be 35-40%. On lockdown, I raised humidity and it is about 85% now. I used an automatic egg turner until lockdown. Incidentally, I didn't expect chicks for 2 more days. Temps run from 99.5 to 100.5 but remain pretty consistent. ( which is why the bator is in the basement, I previously had wildly varying temps due to outside temps, day night.

So what's done is done, but would you advise anything to do differently next time?
It is forced air.
Hello, I have an ongoing hatch right now with 10 barnyard mix and 7 serama. I've got 7 mix and 1 serama so far, all still drying off in the bator.

1 of the mix chicks has a bald spot on it's back, almost like the down stayed with the eggshell. Is that normal?

I've hatched a few button quail and attempted goose eggs, but was unsuccessful. This is my first chicken incubation.

I've been dry running the bator in my basement which turns out to be 35-40%. On lockdown, I raised humidity and it is about 85% now. I used an automatic egg turner until lockdown. Incidentally, I didn't expect chicks for 2 more days. Temps run from 99.5 to 100.5 but remain pretty consistent. ( which is why the bator is in the basement, I previously had wildly varying temps due to outside temps, day night.

So what's done is done, but would you advise anything to do differently next time?
It is forced air, I did calibrate it with 3 thermometer and 2 hydrometer.
:welcome Glad you found us.
You seem to have everything under control so far. You might want to take the eggs out of the turner before hatching to eliminate possible problems with chicks getting tangled in it.
Where in WI? Family there.
I'm in the Milwaukee area, and yes, I did get the Turner out at lockdown, then noticed some of the barnyard mix chicks had already pipped.
The humidity seems high, were you running it lower, and then with the hatching it spiked to 85%? If fluff stuck to the shell you should see it stuck in the shell, could it just not be fluffed up yet?
I was running it lower, but still kinda high at 75% it then went up.

Back
Top Bottom