EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I'll go!!

I'm running. :wee

You know me so well.

congratulation-043.gif

Morning all, sorry to be MIA this week. Came back from vacation and my dad had surgery on Wednesday that did not go as expected. He is okay, but still in ICU, and unfortunately had to have his leg amputated. I expect several more stressful months ahead. :(

In other news, on Monday, my daughter and I heard a teeny tiny peep coming from our run and much to our surprise found a newly hatched chick in the adult feeder. It apparently hatched without the broody that abandoned her clutch two days earlier. It fell out of the coop and down about 4 feet where it landed in the feeder. Had been pecked a good bit, but somehow survived. We brought it and other eggs in the house to hopefully hatch it a friend. So, even though I was done with chicks in the house, I now have TWO chicks in my bedroom. They are noisy little things.

Hope I didn't miss too much excitement here.

Hi Heather! I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :hugs

Good evening.
Tomorrow is a beautiful day.
View attachment 1115053

You didn't warn me about the rain. :lau

Yes, yes 7. 1 billion people are mistaken and 0.3 billion of American are right, ALWAYS RIGHT!

You betcha! MERICA!

Right or wrong is irrelevant, Benny. It's what Americans want; that's all that matters

:thumbsup Not sure there is a right or wrong, it's just a scale, doesn't matter which one or what it's called.

Lol...I sometimes wonder if I didn't get more "hurt" than I did...but just shook it off. I can think of 4-5 different things that may have attributed to the issues I have now. This is one of them. :confused: (I'm probably not the brightest bulb in the package):D
That's what I thought. I haven't seen 'em. I don't want to.
(They don't have ticks in some parts of Alberta!) :eek:

How bad did you think you were hurt?

Not at all! I really want to see the engineer that designed the missile in feet, inch and all this funny measurement tryng to calculate all that gravity forces and all others physical measurement that are all
In the metric system!

Surely you jest. :lau

All of Newton's work was accomplished with the imperial system.

At suppertime, naturally. Don't you?

:lau

We have dinner, usually in the evenings.
And lunch and breakfast.
Never eating a supper.

Dinner is the main/large meal of the day. If that is eaten around noon then that is dinner. , then the lighter evening meal is supper. If dinner is eaten in the evening then the noonish meal is lunch.

143, give or take a hundred or two.

They're too skeered of me to let me in.

My spelling is perfect. :tongue

Born 'n' raised here, thanks much :smack

Sure, if everyone else jumps off, it's probably because there's an air mattress and cookies down there. Just saying.

Better than being addicted to diaper insides...

6--7, not 8 :tongue

I must be the only one here that is good friends with neighbours....

Nope, I have good neighbors here and at the lake.

Free stuff. :lol:

Not really, but we do help each other out. They watch my critters, I watch theirs. We have campfires and swap garden goods.

Baked goods! Socialize, help each other, part of the whole be kind to your fellow man.

Y'all are very germaphobic.

X2

No self-respecting Texan would admit to eating something called lunch; not even a Houstonite.
Breakfast is breakfast
Lunch is dinner
Dinner is Supper

See how easy it is?

That's how it was growing up, I just have complied wit the breakfast, lunch, dinner thing. But I'll never go metric! :lau

Yes!!! I have several sets of BBQ utensils so there's NO cross contamination.
Everyone cross contaminates the cooking utensils. :barnie:he WHY???
WHY DOES EVERYONE DO THAT???:th

You're nuts. That fire you are cooking over will kill things.

Ooh, that could be useful. I try to talk but I clam up anyway. Can't help it---I don't know what to say. Very exhausting to interact with humans.

Ditto, I'm very introverted.

Back
Top Bottom