EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

3 degrees is a lot. Are there any leaks/ wide open vents?
Are you doing the 2 readings at the same time?
If so maybe switch the thermometers over and see if the difference persists. A degree difference in 2 thermometer calibrations will be exaggerated if there is a small real temp difference, and switching will tell you that.
In any case you don't want to put in any eggs till this is sorted.
@h2oratt Good Post!

I can't answer the question because I need to know:

1. What is the incubator?
2. What thermometers are you using? Many are Crapp!
3. I do not know what the tray levels is about.

I suspect the answer is to either get a new incubator, assuming that the temps are correct or contact customer support for the incubator you have.

Vents could be a problem or it could be a poorly built home made incubator? If a home incubator, the fan is not installed correctly or insulation is sketchy.

It the temps are really that far off, you would have to rotate the eggs a lot or use only the part of the incubator that heats the eggs to 99.5 degrees F.

b5eb00ec-d832-4720-884e-d714217d396d-jpeg.1250495

F94E9BB2-992C-4F2A-B7D0-E1939201A730.jpeg
AF3B9EE0-06F1-4ED7-83A7-CD7936F6A51E.jpeg
@h2oratt Good Post!

I can't answer the question because I need to know:

1. What is the incubator?
2. What thermometers are you using? Many are Crapp!
3. I do not know what the tray levels is about.

I suspect the answer is to either get a new incubator, assuming that the temps are correct or contact customer support for the incubator you have.

Vents could be a problem or it could be a poorly built home made incubator? If a home incubator, the fan is not installed correctly or insulation is sketchy.

It the temps are really that far off, you would have to rotate the eggs a lot or use only the part of the incubator that heats the eggs to 99.5 degrees F.
Thank you. It is a reptile pro 6000. Pictures above..

Back
Top Bottom