EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

My DW always had a craving for olives while pregnancy..........

So

Someone?
lau.gif
Do you know ... i bet if I posted what I was doing this morning, you'd probably be one of the rare few men who could decipher it.
hide.gif

I was hesitant to do it like that but I'm scared to store the eggs... I've heard so many different things about decreased hatch rates after storage (not that I'm having any good luck taking them straight from the layer box to the incubator lol). I have a hen that has been sitting on some eggs for a couple of hours now tho, maybe she's FINALLY going broody! I really hope that's the case because then I'll just give her all of the eggs that are layed over the next couple of days and let HER do all the work
1f602.png
I never realized how stressful trying to hatch some babies can be!

Everything you do is an opportunity to learn. You will be an expert in no time. Just remember that and take notes. Record how and what you do so you can change things. The only thing I would recommend is to turn those eggs everytime you think about it. The more the better. But a broody hen would be cool. They come with their own amount of stress or so I have heard.

Everything you do is an opportunity to learn. You will be an expert in no time. Just remember that and take notes. Record how and what you do so you can change things. The only thing I would recommend is to turn those eggs everytime you think about it. The more the better. But a broody hen would be cool. They come with their own amount of stress or so I have heard.

I have 3 alarms set to remind me to turn them, I wasn't sure how many times would be sufficient.... But if I can turn them more often then I definitely will!!

As long as you enjoyed whatever it was, that's all that counts.
ahahaha, I don't know if putting sticks into cups, counts as enjoyment.... but a part of my OCDness does enjoy doing all the math and the repetition/routine and rituals of all of the stuff that goes with what I was doing :p

Back
Top Bottom