EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

147 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes, and 19 seconds till set date for the EHAL, if I did my math right.

so.......... when do I start collecting
goose
chicken
guinea
peafowl

then list the set dates, too much work for me, I am drinking coffee
lau.gif

That may well be the case here; nothing beats a try but a failure, 'specially when the ad's free.

Morning Whites

Neighbors tell me that older chickens go for $15 at the auction. He was shocked. So I started asking $15 from the guys at work. They say they'll buy them I just have to work out the days for them to be here.

Hope your doing ok from the fall.

so.......... when do I start collecting
goose
chicken
guinea
peafowl

then list the set dates, too much work for me, I am drinking coffee
lau.gif
i may want to get guinea eggs, and or pea eggs from you in the spring
i dont want guineas my BIL supposedly does and my husband volunteered me to hatch them for him

Good morning!!!! It's been a few days... thank you to a few of you who tried to help me out with my incubating fiasco I was dealing with when I had eggs at 2 different stages in my bator, it was a nightmare! And in the end did not result in any chicks.... BUT I bought a new incubator (the previous one was borrowed and the heating element went out, yikes!) I only lost 3 of my 12 eggs due to the issue but the other 9 are now warm and cozy and active in their shells like crazy! I also have a REAL candling light on its way, I'm feeling more official! Does anyone think that the period of lower temps before being moved to the new bator will cause my hatch to run late or have any other adverse effects???? Will the fluid still dry up in time inside of the egg?? I live in the Deep South and even with only about a teaspoon of water in the bottom of the bator the humidity is between 45 and 55, our normal air humidity here is 90-100% anyway so it's a constant battle to keep my eggs dry enough to be able to evaporate the fluid!!

Good morning!!!! It's been a few days... thank you to a few of you who tried to help me out with my incubating fiasco I was dealing with when I had eggs at 2 different stages in my bator, it was a nightmare! And in the end did not result in any chicks.... BUT I bought a new incubator (the previous one was borrowed and the heating element went out, yikes!) I only lost 3 of my 12 eggs due to the issue but the other 9 are now warm and cozy and active in their shells like crazy! I also have a REAL candling light on its way, I'm feeling more official! Does anyone think that the period of lower temps before being moved to the new bator will cause my hatch to run late or have any other adverse effects???? Will the fluid still dry up in time inside of the egg?? I live in the Deep South and even with only about a teaspoon of water in the bottom of the bator the humidity is between 45 and 55, our normal air humidity here is 90-100% anyway so it's a constant battle to keep my eggs dry enough to be able to evaporate the fluid!!
low temps are better than high temps, may make them a day or two late to hatch

i may want to get guinea eggs, and or pea eggs from you in the spring
i dont want guineas my BIL supposedly does and my husband volunteered me to hatch them for him

last time I tried they were duds, no males, five guineas and ten eggs in two days,
hit.gif
, now I have purchased more keets and there is lots of fighting, maybe, let me try and hatch them first

Back
Top Bottom