EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Yes I saw the ovation you gave me for old posts!
You could ask Bubbles for a recup, it's faster like that!
lol.png
shes got enough on her plate right now, without me asking her to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ant Farm

I took this photo during processing to help explain rooster behavior to a friend - testicle on the left, heart on the right. I think she may have replied with a snide comment about males in general...
lau.gif

- Ant Farm

Something about being bigger than the heart?
Now you understand way they crow so much!
PRECISELY!

Quote:
This gave me a mental image of you standing in front of a bear with a water pistol filled with wolf pee....
lau.gif

Popping in to share that I have a male cardinal that is in love with my driver's side mirror. He keeps going back and forth between perching not eh door to look at himself, then perching on top of the mirror, then back to check his reflection, then back on the mirror, on and on. It's been a couple weeks...

OK, if I don't get up and start doing some chores, I'm gonna fall asleep. BBL...

- Ant Farm

This gave me a mental image of you standing in front of a bear with a water pistol filled with wolf pee....
lau.gif

Popping in to share that I have a male cardinal that is in love with my driver's side mirror. He keeps going back and forth between perching not eh door to look at himself, then perching on top of the mirror, then back to check his reflection, then back on the mirror, on and on. It's been a couple weeks...

OK, if I don't get up and start doing some chores, I'm gonna fall asleep. BBL...

- Ant Farm
LOL, nope no pee pistols
my mom had a bird that was in love with himself but on all the vehicles

Hi!!

next is my multi quote :)

There you are!!

Yes I saw the ovation you gave me for old posts!
You could ask Bubbles for a recup, it's faster like that! :lol:

:gig You're forgetting that everytime I recap, I have to do a ginormous readback to get everything... It'd take just as long.

shes got enough on her plate right now, without me asking her to do that

:hugs I need distractions, lol. Keeping myself busy right now coz thinking hurts too bad.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, none of my 20 month old hens are laying at the moment. Winter solstice is this week. I swear if those hens don't start laying soon I'm going to be eating a lot of fried chicken. In the mean time I'm trying to find somebody near who has pure bred OEGB eggs. But if my hens don't start laying I'll be looking for more than just OEGB eggs.....

They are coming to take me away ha ha they're coming to take me away......
good things come to those who wait....
fl.gif

its been a few days since firing up my incubator, so last night I decided, after steadily monitoring the temp flux, to place the eggs into the bator finally! I had turned them manually a couple times a day. Here are the weights at set. Any feedback is appreciated. I tried to locate air cells on them, but it was difficult to see them to get a tracing of it, will it be ok?

Date Egg ID
D1
grams
21-Dec
1 Turkey 67.5
2 Turkey 66
3 Barred 67.5
4 Barred 63.5
5 Os 13 66
6 Os 13 64.5
7 Hutch 52
8 Hutch DB 56
9 Hutch 55.5
10 Hutch DB 56.5
11 Hutch DB 56
12 Hutch 54.5
13 Hutch DB 65
14 Hutch 56
15 Hutch DB 50
16 Main 62.5
17 Main G 46
18 Main G 44.5

.I have the same situation; have had for years. It's a wonder the door panels on my truck still have paint on them, after the mess they leave behind. Most times my side mirrors are useless. They seem to be partial to Chrysler products, regardless of color. I had a red Dodge Neon they loved, and my Dakota truck is silver. They'll get DW's Toyota every so often, but she's on the road a lot more than I am.

We also have one that pecks almost constantly in warm weather at the bottom of the glass in the sliding door. He'll peck for a while, fly to the closest tree to rest for a bit, then go right back to pecking. He'll do it for hours at a time. Been at it 2-3 years now. I don't know the Cardinal's migratory habits, but this group are permanent residents.

Back
Top Bottom