EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Quote:
duc.gif
I'm out!

thumbsup.gif

I'd love to get one. They are not common here, but I could probably at least find leghorns...... Not sure if I can find anything but pullets tho. Feed stores are just chock full of sex links, Easter eggers, and fancy bantams.
Mediterranean breeds.
ITALIAN
Anconas
Leghorns
Sicilian Buttercups
SPANISH
Blue Andalusians
Castilians
Catalanas
Minorcas
White-Faced Black Spanish

I'd stay away from the Italians cause they're smaller than the Spanish. Minorcas are huge, agile and should be available there.
Hamburgs or Orloffs would be good too.
I'm sure you have Chanteclers.

EEs and fancy bantams are there because there is a market for them. You guys are your own worst enemy.

because u can't check diffrente spots in the bator the only holes are right above the heating element
The probe is on an 18" cord. It doesn't have to hang under the heat element.
You can always drill another hole.

diffrente. Is that Portuguese or Cajun for different?

Last edited:
Mediterranean breeds.
ITALIAN
[COLOR=0066CC]Anconas[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0066CC]Leghorns[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0066CC]Sicilian Buttercups[/COLOR]
SPANISH
[COLOR=0066CC]Blue Andalusians[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0066CC]Castilians[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0066CC]Catalanas[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0066CC]Minorcas[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0066CC]White-Faced Black Spanish[/COLOR]

I'd stay away from the Italians cause they're smaller than the Spanish. Minorcas are huge, agile and should be available there.
Hamburgs or Orloffs would be good too.

EEs and fancy bantams are there because there is a market for them. You guys are your own worst enemy.

The probe is on an 18" cord.

diffrente. Is that Portuguese or Cajun for different?

Again, never seen 'em, on Craigslist, in private flocks, or otherwise... It's incredible just how little variety in breeds there are here. I'll keep my eye out though.

That's not to say I don't adore the bantams.... You can find nearly any Bantam in existence at the feed store. :love

Just not good for fending off hawks.

I tried to turn it off, but it isn't letting me. :barnie

I had a phone awhile ago that would do the predictive text, not just put it up above the keyboard like this one does but actually insert it. Would've made for some fast typing if it actually got it right, if I didn't proofread there was some pretty nonsensical gibberish Lol!

Quote:
You know, I've been really good about not wanting to add any more breeds (I have NNs, Marans, CLs, and GNHs), but I have REALLY been wanting Black Minorcas in the worst way lately... (I like the looks of the Buttercups as well, but would be super picky about the comb and don't have the room/time to do the breeding to get that right.)
That's not to say I don't adore the bantams.... You can find nearly any Bantam in existence at the feed store.
love.gif

Just not good for fending off hawks.
I have all large fowl, and I have a good rooster in with each group of girls as well as three additional bachelor GNH boys. Hawks are in my yard ALL THE TIME. And while I work (because, well, I'm a worrier), I have yet to see them even try to take one. Those boys really make them watch for a while before deciding that there's an easier meal elsewhere. Of course, I'm going to have to cover my paddocks anyway because of the levitating Puppy issue.

(If I had bantams, I would personally have them in a covered run/paddock.)

@MotorcycleChick

71PW1nUaR1L._UX679_.jpg

Found the perfect shirt for you.
I need this shirt!!!

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom