EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I've got a lot to do tomorrow that I didn't get done today. I'll have a lot of culling to do later this summer, things are generally crowded for all the youngsters until then. Lots of building to do. Oy, so much to do, always so much to do...

Too little time.

Sounds like you have your hands full with chicks. I've got Monday off again.

Just popping in to say hello I've been to busy with alot of things my great pap and gram have passed away about a year ago so it was time to get the house cleaned out and get it put up forsale. I'm trying to decide on a new breed of chicken to breed this year. Finish the incubator, I've got 2 chickens inside one is setting on eggs cause I didn't have anywhere to separate her outside and the other has gotten an infection (mycoplasma synovia) and her left foot is nothing but a stump now I know it wasn't frost bite because she had been inside a while and her other foot was starting to do the same but was caught early enough to save that foot. Anyway the chicken with the missing foot will probably have to stay inside and be a house chicken and go outside a during the day but the thing is her stump gets broke open outside and bleeds so I either need to make her a shoe or something. Ok good night everyone I've got school work to do on top of everything with the marking period ending.

So I have a chicken with sour crop and read lots of remedies. Would like any of your input on what has worked for you.

Sour crop is basically a yeast infection in the chicken’s crop. It occurs most often because of an impacted crop that hasn’t been cleared, and yeast begins to grow and feed on the food that is stuck in the crop.  I did the monistat (womans suppositories) but I have since read an update that I thought was good

That was the reason way I asked if the chicken had antibiotics, sometimes antibiotic treatment interfere in the equilibrium between yeasts and bacteria (by killing the bacteria and leaving the fungi intact) in the microflora of the chicken, causing a fungal eruption, usually Candida.

Back
Top Bottom