EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

My tomatoes and peppers. :p

Haven't started mine as of yet... Got a few earlier plants under lights though. Can't wait for the first sprouts.

I moved my broody into a dog crate in the house, with her eggs. She's broken one egg since then, knocked the food/water over, and is looking like she might murder the rest of the eggs instead of sit on them......

However, leaving her outside to sit on them, wasn't going to work with the kids getting the eggs. :( Not sure what to do if she won't let me move her to the dog crate.

It is not actually " my " state -just been here a while and it is the only place I have lived in the US.
I would like to live near you too!!

Went to Chicago once in November. Now that was cold.

hugs.gif
Nothing colder in the lower 48 than Wyoming.

Cockatiel egg still going strong day 9
Good luck.
Believe it or not, I do wish you luck. I just believe you shouldn't have tried in the first place.
Any reason why you didn't let the parents incubate?

Haven't started mine as of yet... Got a few earlier plants under lights though. Can't wait for the first sprouts.
I should have started my peppers and tomatoes a week ago and my perennial flowers a couple months ago.

I moved my broody into a dog crate in the house, with her eggs. She's broken one egg since then, knocked the food/water over, and is looking like she might murder the rest of the eggs instead of sit on them......

However, leaving her outside to sit on them, wasn't going to work with the kids getting the eggs. :( Not sure what to do if she won't let me move her to the dog crate.

You just have to do what you have to do.

Nothing colder in the lower 48 than Wyoming.

Good luck.
Believe it or not, I do wish you luck. I just believe you shouldn't have tried in the first place.
Any reason why you didn't let the parents incubate?

I should have started my peppers and tomatoes a week ago and my perennial flowers a couple months ago.

You just have to do what you have to do.
my nany had the parents and the female was dropping them while on the perch and braking but this one didn't break

Last edited:
Hi y'all its been awhile I hatched out 5 quails about 2 weeks ago and they are doing great now I have some dominiques and cross between a buff op and glw they are due to hatch on April 11th

Oh yes! @duluthralphie
I thanked you earlier but I do not think you saw it, so I'll thank you again!
I love your avatar! Thank you for protesting against bad portrayals of ducks! It sure is annoying when people portray them as blobs with legs and a bill instead of the handsome, elegant creatures they are! Thank you for showing your annoyance at bad duck portrayals!

my many had the parents and the female was dropping them while on the perch and braking but this one didn't break

I don't know what a many is but the reason she's laying on the floor is because they didn't have a nest in the cage. If a female is laying eggs, she wants to raise a family. But if there is a nest box in the cage, they'll lay in there.

Back
Top Bottom