EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

It is now past my bedtime. the medicine that is supposed to help me sleep makes me forget a lot-especially conversations I have right after taking it. I am taking enough stuff to put a horse down and am still not sleeping more than 3 hours at a time
hit.gif
The therapist is now looking at links to why my hand is doing what it is. she is thinking hypersensitivity to stimuli-usage, cold, anything touching my hand or wrist for more than a few minutes..... I do have to say I like her. She is trying to help me and truly acts concerned and cares. It is a good feeling that someone is trying to figure it out!

It is now past my bedtime. the medicine that is supposed to help me sleep makes me forget a lot-especially conversations I have right after taking it. I am taking enough stuff to put a horse down and am still not sleeping more than 3 hours at a time :hit  The therapist is now looking at links to why my hand is doing what it is. she is thinking hypersensitivity to stimuli-usage, cold, anything touching my hand or wrist for more than a few minutes.....  I do have to say I like her. She is trying to help me and truly acts concerned and cares. It is a good feeling that someone is trying to figure it out! 

I am so sorry. :hugs

I still have 15 lbs-come get some!!!! :hugs

Jace is shoving the car keys in my face, little buggar.

The rain has started and I have another broody. She won't move even being gently prodded with the shovel I was picking eggs up with. Or at least trying to pick up eggs. She literally attracts the shovel.

I'll have to get her off this spot as it's supposed to rain all week. :(

Last edited:
hah - yeah, I routinely hug him and he hates it. He has a submit to me, behavior because he sees i'm bigger than him, and I thought it was due to size, but he elaves the girl children alone. One is 6, and one is 1....................... and the boys are 13 and almost 3, and he chases both of them and acts mean to them.

It really is a sexism thing............. so for my next TOM turkey... suggestions?

Most importantly the boys can never hurt or chase him. Food is also respect. The boys need to do the feeding, not just giving treats. They need to be the food source for that animal. As far as size playing a role in dominance. I do not think it is as big of an issue for animals as it is for humans. I once broke a very green horse. He would run away from me in the round pen. Once I got a rope on him I was going to make him run around the pen to ware him down. He wouldn't have it and just wanted to play tug of war. Not sure what my next move was I tied him to the side of the trailer. I needed to win. Tied to the trailer he pulled and pulled and pulled. I stood very close to him. Stroked his main, talked to him and he pulled. I looked him in the eye and told him I was going to win and he pulled. After he wore himself out. I walked him over to the water tank. After his drink and everyday since I could lead him anyhere. Getting the saddle on him is another long story for a different day. So you must end with a win. I had an agressive dog once. I held his legs and head on the floor and yelled at him very loudly, after he nipped at me and a boy. Each boy came over and with a little help from me held him down. It may sound cruel, but we did no physical harm. We just proved dominance over him. I had an issue with him a couple times after that and reminded him I was the boss. He was a big adult golden retriever I acquired when he was an adult. Once he took a treat that wasn't his from my hand, biting me in the process, knowing he had his and it was for the other dog. He was already trained to take treats slow and with great care. Anyway The lawn was wet and slippery and I couldn't hold him. I was soak and wet by the time I got the upper hand and held him down. We must have rolled around for 5 minutes, him snarling and growling the whole time and me yelling right back. I never fully trusted him, but never had an issue with him after that. Also when you break them down you need to bring them back up x2. Treats, attention in general. Most importantly never let them win not once. That turkey whooped the boy once now he is a target. If you punish the turkey it is most likely to leave the boy a long when your around. The 2 yr old needs to get the upper hand somehow, but it mostly likely would be safer to him thanksgiving dinner early this year and start over.

Back
Top Bottom