EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

@Sally Sunshine told me I was being summoned...So here I am :oops:Dealing with Dr's and lawyers and insurance companies... OH MY!!!!! major medication changes and workmans comp tying everything up in court. Ohio Nationals this weekend. I sat and clerked at our Michigan show and was in tears after 5 or so hours. Got steroids from the Dr which helped last time. Getting birds ready for the cold. Bill is busting his rear to keep us afloat and that's about it. (Yesterday was my "official" termination day from my hospital system since it's been a year-I was very sad :hit) I will be honest-I just flew past the last 200 or so comments. Sorry for those with losses and bad news, yay for babies, chicks and good news and reading too fast on meds is not good because somehow I thought @daxigait lost @Chaos18 because he didn't like @MotorcycleChick anymore so @Sally Sunshine was hunting for him but he had on an orange vest!!!! :th:lau I miss you all and want to thank you for all the well wishes and prayers :love Much Love, Mel

@Sally Sunshine told me I was being summoned...So here I am :oops:Dealing with Dr's and lawyers and insurance companies... OH MY!!!!! major medication changes and workmans comp tying everything up in court. Ohio Nationals this weekend. I sat and clerked at our Michigan show and was in tears after 5 or so hours. Got steroids from the Dr which helped last time. Getting birds ready for the cold. Bill is busting his rear to keep us afloat and that's about it. (Yesterday was my "official" termination day from my hospital system since it's been a year-I was very sad :hit) I will be honest-I just flew past the last 200 or so comments. Sorry for those with losses and bad news, yay for babies, chicks and good news and reading too fast on meds is not good because somehow I thought @daxigait lost @Chaos18 because he didn't like @MotorcycleChick anymore so @Sally Sunshine was hunting for him but he had on an orange vest!!!! :th:lau I miss you all and want to thank you for all the well wishes and prayers :love Much Love, Mel
You hang in there, Mel; you have a bunch of folks right here pulling, praying, & loving :love:hugs

Since it did not pip or zip, there was likely something wrong with the chick. You can sometimes save them but then many of those die anyway or are a struggle.

You did a good job! Do not beat yourself up over it.
Thanks, The first four were good, the last three, two in there now and the one that died seemed to have very small air cells to, and the one that died the shell was so hard and thick I couldn't see through it at all. I had a darker olive egg and could see through that one fine. Chick was taking up almost every bit of space.

I have two hatched in the incubator but one might not have been ready but it was drying out. Can't quite seem to get its head up and it has a huge butt /belly area I'm thinking that its still sorting out the last of the yoke situation.

Give it over? How are you supposed to get fertile eggs without a cock? Is it your neighborhood?
I can't stand their noise, no matter how beautiful thy are.
I will give it to my freind Lidor, that gave me the fertile eggs in the first place. I have some good freinds that are very good breeders, and when I need some fertile eggs, I get them from them, keep the pullets and return or sell the cockerels.

Thanks, The first four were good, the last three, two in there now and the one that died seemed to have very small air cells to, and the one that died the shell was so hard and thick I couldn't see through it at all. I had a darker olive egg and could see through that one fine. Chick was taking up almost every bit of space.

I have two hatched in the incubator but one might not have been ready but it was drying out. Can't quite seem to get its head up and it has a huge butt /belly area I'm thinking that its still sorting out the last of the yoke situation.
Sounds like a fine hatch!

Make sure to calibrate thermometers and hygrometers--incubate at 35 to 40% humidity next time and make sure you are using a very good thermometer, one that reads in tenths and has a high accuracy.

I bet there is a guide on here somewhere.

Sounds like a fine hatch!

Make sure to calibrate thermometers and hygrometers--incubate at 35 to 40% humidity next time and make sure you are using a very good thermometer, one that reads in tenths and has a high accuracy.

I bet there is a guide on here somewhere.

Yeah maybe next year LOL. I should have just stuck them all under my hen and let her do the work. But I wanted the kids to see some hatch. I had 15 eggs and looks like 5 or 6 will live and that is plenty for the space I have. Its not that great a hatch rate though.

I hate it worse when my Marek's vaccine which is packed in ice and marked keep away from heat and direct sunlight and marked..hold for pick up....is left in my black mail box in 90 degree weather for 6 hours and they fail to even tell me it is coming...

Whew.....still venting as you can see from 8 weeks ago..
It should be packed in liquid Nitrogen, ice isn't enough (at least with the vaccine that we have.)

Back
Top Bottom