EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I got all the paperwork!!!!! I am going to be able to get Miley registered! I am so glad that the owner was willing to work with me if I paid to get the parents done. One needed transferred and one just needed his papers sent in. I am paying for them and then the does registration. It is a great thing since she is from a great line on all four sides. She has only one out cross from Copper Hill four generations back to a Goldthwaite. This is significant because most Copper Hill have been lost, or outcrossed so they are just partial. The breeder was famous for great well attached udders.
She is a big bodied doe. I can't wait to see her kids. I bred her to Fire and Ice whose dam is Copper Hill on the bottom. :fl

That's good news! Did you register with ADGA or AGS?

Miley
IMG_20171029_162532.jpg IMG_20171029_162508.jpg with Fire.

Not to brag or anything but its still a balmy 85 here in Phoenix AZ.

Chick update - 5 healthy chicks outside with my broody to mother. The one who was having trouble still could not lift its head this morning or even flip to the other side to lay down. I chose to euthanize it before the kids got up. We will try again next year if one of the hens goe's broody and see how we fair! I will post pics a little later.

Chick update - 5 healthy chicks outside with my broody to mother. The one who was having trouble still could not lift its head this morning or even flip to the other side to lay down. I chose to euthanize it before the kids got up. We will try again next year if one of the hens goe's broody and see how we fair! I will post pics a little later.
Eeew. Keep that weather, s'il te plait.

Congratulations! Sorry about the weak one.

Congratulations on the hatch, looking forward to the pics!

It's up to 30*F here! :wee

Back
Top Bottom