EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Does anyone use an LG or have pertinent information on LG incubators?

Temp variation limits
I started out with an LG, which I still use occasionally, when I have staggered hatches. What I like about it, it's easier to get in out of compared to my Brinseas. The turning tray is easier to deal with than the Brinsea. But it was much more susceptible to room temps. It was harder to maintain humidity. And, yes, it was known to spike for no apparent reason, but the spikes never lasted long enough to kill my eggs. There are cold spots and hot spots, so rotating eggs is absolutely necessary. Overall, I like the LG better than my incuview.

I started out with an LG, which I still use occasionally, when I have staggered hatches. What I like about it, it's easier to get in out of compared to my Brinseas. The turning tray is easier to deal with than the Brinsea. But it was much more susceptible to room temps. It was harder to maintain humidity. And, yes, it was known to spike for no apparent reason, but the spikes never lasted long enough to kill my eggs. There are cold spots and hot spots, so rotating eggs is absolutely necessary. Overall, I like the LG better than my incuview.
There is a lady having a difficult time with her LG in the link I provided.

Admittedly I have no experience with the digital temperature experience. I've used wafer thermostats in my incubators because I can buy them locally and get the spare wafer as well to service them.

My experience is completely opposite. Mine stays set and I rarely have to touch it. As long as I don't touch the setting (and I have made that awful mistake) I set it and forget it. Now to wash it I tighten everything so the setting doesn't move. There seems to be very little variance throughout the interior in mine. I thought I'd have a rougher time with the height of mine. But it doesn't seem to have been an issue.:confused:

I haven't figured out where I should put the new fan. Yet. :p

There is a lady having a difficult time with her LG in the link I provided.

Admittedly I have no experience with the digital temperature experience. I've used wafer thermostats in my incubators because I can buy them locally and get the spare wafer as well to service them.

My experience is completely opposite. Mine stays set and I rarely have to touch it. As long as I don't touch the setting (and I have made that awful mistake) I set it and forget it. Now to wash it I tighten everything so the setting doesn't move. There seems to be very little variance throughout the interior in mine. I thought I'd have a rougher time with the height of mine. But it doesn't seem to have been an issue.:confused:

I haven't figured out where I should put the new fan. Yet. :p

Oh where..oh where....oh where....should the new fan be put???

Suggestions anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I know where I'd like to put it.right in the middle of the lid dropped down with long screws. But siliconed my glass there for a window. Perhaps I'll leave this 'bator as is for purchased eggs so they don't cross contaminate my eggs. And I can install the new fan in the new incubator.:p:wee

Last edited:

Hey for you...I couldn't help but take a pic.

Behold! The disinfection station.
They really do have that scrub type pumice looking soap!

20171203_132227.jpg

Back
Top Bottom