EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Good morning everyone! :frow

A trace of snow received over night, snowing now.

N

None here 'til about 30 min. ago. Real fine; could last a while.
None here yet. Suns just coming up. Question for you Whites. I have a trailer tire that has set for years. It was low but not flat. Seems out of round as the trailer bounces. Fixable? Maybe not seated correctly?

None here yet. Suns just coming up. Question for you Whites. I have a trailer tire that has set for years. It was low but not flat. Seems out of round as the trailer bounces. Fixable? Maybe not seated correctly?

Maybe old hardened and ready to blow as soon as it heats up or flexes?????

MIke.. How many feet do you call a trace there? We have a trace here also.,.

Maybe old hardened and ready to blow as soon as it heats up or flexes?????

MIke.. How many feet do you call a trace there? We have a trace here also.,.

I've had trailer tires go completely flat over time if trailer hasn't moved. Also had them get low on pressure for the same reason; likely a slow leak at the valve.
The flat spots are usually the result of the tires having set so long. Does the bouncing quit after you've gone far enough for the rubber to warm up & become more flexible?
If the tire's set that long it may be dry-rotted. How old was it when you parked the trailer?

I've had trailer tires go completely flat over time if trailer hasn't moved. Also had them get low on pressure for the same reason; likely a slow leak at the valve.
The flat spots are usually the result of the tires having set so long. Does the bouncing quit after you've gone far enough for the rubber to warm up & become more flexible?
Remember BIAS tires before Radial tires? The first couple miles massaged your butt on the seat and vibrate your hands on the steering wheel.
The good ole days..
Trailer tires are still bias I believe. So I see where you are coming from..

Back
Top Bottom