EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

#30 0ut of possible 30 is out! Weak but out. Ahhh sleepless in Seattle was fiction. When I recover I'll bombard pix. It is weak, but not assisted. Splay leg and sticky umbilical cord hopefully controlled. I'm going to bed. Hopefully my 100% rate will be worth the damage to my brain cells from limiting my quality sleep time.
Boy can I commiserate on the limited sleep except for a couple of weekends where I managed to catch seven hours or close to it I've been under or at 5 hours since the first weekend in February. When kidding started. Is it over yet of course not I had to get quads and a doe rejecting her twins right about the time I was ready to win the first set and I have 5 more weeks to go. Thankfully soon they're going to go down to two feedings a day and I might be able to get some sleep. That one's on the bucket can just go back if I can keep it filled as I get few orchids when the next two bigger ones we in this weekend. The hardest part has the quads because they nurse on Mama and take the bottle are not fond of the bucket I can't really get them to go there.

Never had it, so don't have a favorite treatment. Sorry.
Lucky you we have had so much consistent wet here even though I trimmed in February I still hach this one starting it.
With Kopertox getting so expensive I went ahead and bought some copper sulfate to do a rinse last night. I used bleach the night before. In the room so I used a toothbrush to get it in there and make sure I have everything nice and clean and I dried stuff off and puff some Wonder dust on it I'm not sure what to do. The bleach seems to have helped some though.

Good morning!!

Hey guys I have an 8 by 10 coop that sits on top of a 18in covered run space with half inch hardware cloth that I listed for 350 do you think that's too much?
View attachment 1354399
That's more in line with reasonableness; those pieces of junk at the feed stores, and some online (I have one) ain't worth the powder & shot to blow them to H3LL, yet they want twice that & more.

The next two Saturdays are going to be big Saturdays for me.
This weekend is my one day milk test. :fl I have a couple of doses that are going to be really close. The one doe was owned by an older lady last year and got mastitis on one side which was part of the reason she sold them. She's giving me a gallon a day on half an hour or so she's going to be closed and needs good butterfat ratings.
The next Saturday the extra chickens in the roosters go to the poultry swap woohoo :wee
I also have my linear appraisal on that Saturday the 5th. I am excited to learn about my herd, and hopefully they score really well. My biggest concern is that we have not had good spring grasses or brush yet so some of my girls are thinner than normal. Even with extra grain and alfalfa hay.

That's more in line with reasonableness; those pieces of junk at the feed stores, and some online (I have one) ain't worth the powder & shot to blow them to H3LL, yet they want twice that & more.
The roof 10 is new and the new it's all good with screws and with the hardware and everything I'm just trying to get some of my material cost out of it.

Lucky you we have had so much consistent wet here even though I trimmed in February I still hach this one starting it.
With Kopertox getting so expensive I went ahead and bought some copper sulfate to do a rinse last night. I used bleach the night before. In the room so I used a toothbrush to get it in there and make sure I have everything nice and clean and I dried stuff off and puff some Wonder dust on it I'm not sure what to do. The bleach seems to have helped some though.
I don't remember anymore what Blu Kote is for, but is that viable?

My main concern was the copper sulfate cuz everyone seems to talk about using that for treatment and for foot baths to help prevent issues. I threw the Wonder dust and at the end because it's used for proud flesh, sealing, and as a drying agent so I thought it would be a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom