EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I forgot to say something, I went outside this morning to find the 2 bantam eggs my broody has been sitting on for like a week were missing, some jerk, either her or the banty rooster who thinks it's his duty to inspect nesting boxes kicked the eggs out, with a bunch of hay. They were cool to the touch, but not so that they were out all night, at least I hope not. Would they still be alive if they got cold? I haven't candled them yet.

I forgot to say something, I went outside this morning to find the 2 bantam eggs my broody has been sitting on for like a week were missing, some jerk, either her or the banty rooster who thinks it's his duty to inspect nesting boxes kicked the eggs out, with a bunch of hay. They were cool to the touch, but not so that they were out all night, at least I hope not. Would they still be alive if they got cold? I haven't candled them yet.
I'm always surprised about how hardy those embryos are. When a hen returns to the wrong nest or other such silliness, I simply correct the situation & continue on. Often the eggs still hatch - but may be delayed a day or 2.

Yes, they should be fine. Just delayed.

C0EEE837-6991-4E59-B1EE-95CBB62CA6F7.jpeg
How long can this chick stay like this? I saw an internal pip waited 24 hours then made external hole for O2, increased humidity to 80% and waited 8hours. It looked like it was trying to zip so I assisted some more as the internal membrane was staring to shrink wrap. I started to notice significant veins so I moistened the membrane and returned to the incubator. What now? Here is a picture of the chick. Will the yolk become dry and harder to absorb? The chick is breathing and peeps once in awhile but also shakes or tremors too. Is this normal? And does it always have to be the middle of the night? Help!!

View attachment 1387342 How long can this chick stay like this? I saw an internal pip waited 24 hours then made external hole for O2, increased humidity to 80% and waited 8hours. It looked like it was trying to zip so I assisted some more as the internal membrane was staring to shrink wrap. I started to notice significant veins so I moistened the membrane and returned to the incubator. What now? Here is a picture of the chick. Will the yolk become dry and harder to absorb? The chick is breathing and peeps once in awhile but also shakes or tremors too. Is this normal? And does it always have to be the middle of the night? Help!!
Was there any reason to open the shell like that?!
Is it outside the incubator ?!?
It wasn't ready to hatch with all those very developed veins.

Did you read the post? I explained why. And no that is not outside the incubator. I was asking for assistance not judgement.

Back
Top Bottom