EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Just coming in the house for lunch. Been out moving goosenecks around and back to where they go. I’ve had them dropped about anywhere I could that was semi dry. Ground has finally froze and a bunch of snow supposedly moving in tonite and all day tomorrow. Plus’d up everybody on round bales and put the blade on one of the tractors so I can blade snow tomorrow in case we actually get it. Was supposed to have the feed truck in to tomorrow but they are pushing me off until Wednesday due to weather. Had one of my grain trucks out because I haven’t been able to get it back inside and they batteries were dead, so it’s on the charger now. Always something going on around here.

Just coming in the house for lunch. Been out moving goosenecks around and back to where they go. I’ve had them dropped about anywhere I could that was semi dry. Ground has finally froze and a bunch of snow supposedly moving in tonite and all day tomorrow. Plus’d up everybody on round bales and put the blade on one of the tractors so I can blade snow tomorrow in case we actually get it. Was supposed to have the feed truck in to tomorrow but they are pushing me off until Wednesday due to weather. Had one of my grain trucks out because I haven’t been able to get it back inside and they batteries were dead, so it’s on the charger now. Always something going on around here.
Your weather will be here Tuesday evening into Wednesday.
Hopefully your animals won't starve with the delivery delay. Is that for cattle?
We still have a lot of nights coming well below freezing but at least, after today, days will be warm enough to keep liquid water on the birds.

I would hug mine and goodnight if they let me get some sleep. I had a doe that was due Friday night and I had to check all weekend. She finally had it after 11 Sunday night and then didn't want to nurse her baby. Then I had to be up at 4:15 so I can make sure he nursed and get to work. :/
extra large nasty spiders this one's supposed to have the reach of a dinner plate at 28 cm./11 "
download (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a story about the recent rise in postage rates?

I went to the USPS website to get a price on shipping a couple cockerels. I entered the weight of 7 lbs. per box, entered the box dimensions, selected express mail for adult fowl shipped from Missouri zip to a Florida zip and the price was $71.05 per bird.
Add to that the $52 I paid for the two shipping boxes. = :eek:
That means $194.10 to ship, exclusive of the cost of the two birds.
:sick

are government at work. Not to mention the post office is one of the few that actually has to fully fund their retirement I can't just push it off to the Future and their inefficient put those two things together and what a mess

:sick

are government at work. Not to mention the post office is one of the few that actually has to fully fund their retirement I can't just push it off to the Future and their inefficient put those two things together and what a mess
So true. Most that bad mouth the USPS don't realize the burden that congress has saddled that ultra important part of our government with.

I would hug mine and goodnight if they let me get some sleep Hado that was due Friday night and I had to check all weekend she finally get it after 11 Sunday night and then didn't want to nurse her baby. Then I had to be up at 4:15 so I can make sure he nursed and get to work. :/
extra large nasty spiders this one's supposed to have the reach of a dinner plate at 28 cm./11 "
View attachment 1677636
You're a glutton for punishment.
I like to know my limitations. I used to miss a lot of sleep. I usually caught a cold or the flue from being drained.

So true. Most that bad mouth the USPS don't realize the burden that congress has saddled that ultra important part of our government with.
well that is a ridiculous retirement plan that only government agencies get paid. Anybody on the public paycheck gets retirements the rest of us can't even believe and will never have.

Back
Top Bottom