EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

@LittleLakePhil
17C425BA-D8DB-4BAF-B6E1-7B0175BB0A7D.gif

Attachments

• 7230246C-4044-45FD-8311-C96FD39290E6.gif
    7230246C-4044-45FD-8311-C96FD39290E6.gif
    668.9 KB · Views: 0
since bullchick just messaged me (thanks for reaching out). I will join the many who have been gone a while and post.
So what is new everyone? Share something please. @Akrnaf2 Any new knives?
As far as chickens go I have essentially lost my heritage Rhode Island Reds. it's just a matter of time since I lost the two roosters to predators, and the hens are going to be dying of old age soon.
I have some new black copper marans and they are doing well. including a broody that managed to hatch I kid you not :eek: 15 chicks and 14 of them are still with me.
I am conditioning for my next backpacking trip, and my first generation does are beginning to do well. I have some 2-year-olds that are first fresheners my first milkers that did well, and then I have a first generation kid who took Reserve Champion at a show and one of only a couple second generation kids who took Grand Champion.Junior which for those who don't know means the kids under two that haven't milked yet.
Eden won the reserve ribbon and I had a young man hold Rosalynn who at just two months old won her championship ribbon which means she has her dry leg.
IMG_20210612_203323759.jpg IMG_20210612_185808684.jpg

since bullchick just messaged me (thanks for reaching out). I will join the many who have been gone a while and post.
As far as chickens go I have essentially lost my heritage Rhode Island Reds. it's just a matter of time since I lost the two roosters to predators, and the hens are going to be dying of old age soon.
I have some new black copper marans and they are doing well. including a broody that managed to hatch I kid you not :eek: 15 chicks and 14 of them are still with me.
I am conditioning for my next backpacking trip, and my first generation does are beginning to do well. I have some 2-year-olds that are first fresheners my first milkers that did well, and then I have a first generation kid who took Reserve Champion at a show and one of only a couple second generation kids who took Grand Champion.Junior which for those who don't know means the kids under two that haven't milked yet.
Eden won the reserve ribbon and I had a young man hold Rosalynn who at just two months old won her championship ribbon which means she has her dry leg.
View attachment 2769471View attachment 2769473

View attachment 2769471View attachment 2769473
Hello Dax!
Long time!
It is good to see you back.this thread needs CPR once in wail ....
I am following this guy on YouTube, I think it will interest you too.

Anybody on this thread raise peafowl? My peahen just appeared with a surprise. Too bad only one of her eggs made it through incubation, but with the heat waves I've had here, I'm lucky for that one.
Do I need to worry about a special diet? I see her take the chick to the feeder sometimes (all purpose poultry feed in it) but it seems like they forage a lot (from the state of my green bean plants in the garden...). I thought of filling a chick feeder daily with gamebird/turkey starter and putting it near the hen's roosting area for the baby, though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_132039875.jpg
    IMG_20210828_132039875.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom