EE confusion

Firefighter Chick

Songster
8 Years
May 8, 2011
Southeast Minnesota
I got this little girl(?) as a sexed pullet at the local feed store. I'm wondering if it is truly a girl. Legs are a little thicker and tail feathers are a little curly and have a green sheen. The comb only has one row of peas.

I got this little girl(?) as a sexed pullet at the local feed store. I'm wondering if it is truly a girl. Legs are a little thicker and tail feathers are a little curly and have a green sheen. The comb only has one row of peas.

She looks like my Paprika!
So you could have a pullet :) I know Paprika's tail feathers curled a bit in the beginning.

Here's a pic of her:

Mine is 12 weeks as well and she does have a pinkish comb, but when you compare it to her "sibling" though, you can see a big difference in size of the comb, and color.
I know all of them grow at different rates, but I'm pulling for you that yours is a girl!

Well personally I'd suspect roo's. The ee's that I have had never got any pink or red in their faces until they were at point of lay, around 20 - 22 weeks and their comb's were just about non existent until the same time. It's really those 2nd and 3rd pictures that make me think roo, it seems like an awful lot of pink comb for a 12 week pullet.

I have EE that are 9 weeks old and have already a bright red comb. I think that you have a pullet! She is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom