EE laid only 2 eggs in last month!

Gosh, i havent thought of vent gleet or the like but thats something i will check out in the morning... I dont recall any white or yeasty looking butt feathers but will get more details when i clean her up tomorrow.

As far as the egg, i am unable to tell what is actually happening. My guess is that the membrane must break on the way out seeing that her butt is so messy. The membrane seems thick enough to hold the goods, but is always perforated or broken. i cant be positive, but I dont think it is breaking when it hits the tray.

I will let you know what i find tomorrow....thanks for the ideas and keeping me company with this!

Gosh, i havent thought of vent gleet or the like but thats something i will check out in the morning... I dont recall any white or yeasty looking butt feathers but will get more details when i clean her up tomorrow.

As far as the egg, i am unable to tell what is actually happening. My guess is that the membrane must break on the way out seeing that her butt is so messy. The membrane seems thick enough to hold the goods, but is always perforated or broken. i cant be positive, but I dont think it is breaking when it hits the tray.

I will let you know what i find tomorrow....thanks for the ideas and keeping me company with this!
Could come out broken or get pecked after it's out.
It can be really hard to tell unless you stalk her until she lays to see it happen.

Hi aart, boy it got cold fast around here! We barely got out of the 30's yesterday and couldnt bring myself to leave a cold wet chicken to the elements! Today was a better day. I took a few pictures of Dixie's butt..... (the better picture would be of me chasing a chicken around trying to get a picture of her butt!)

I dont see any yeast and her skin looks good..
aIMG_9285.JPG aIMG_9339.JPG aIMG_9343.JPG

To be honest, the white made me think it was gleet, but it was hard and more like the urate... they all have a lot of white capped poop!

aIMG_9347.JPG

So i got about half way through her cleaning when she decided it was enough!

Oh and this happened today... I am sure it was the Brahama.... can she lay 2 eggs in one day? This was a hard and semi soft egg! Weird!
IMG_9288.JPG IMG_9289.JPG

Anyway, as always, thanks for your thoughts and company!

Attachments

• aIMG_9337.JPG
    aIMG_9337.JPG
    489.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom