EE Pullet hasn't laid an egg for at least 3 weeks!

newchickenfamily

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
SF Bay Area - Danville
OK, so we have one EE pullet that started laying eggs about 6 weeks ago. She laid regularly for the first 3 weeks. Now, nothing for the past 3 weeks! She is eating/drinking/acting normal. She has regular access to oyster shells and good feed/water, ample bug scratching etc.... This hasn't happened with our other girls.
idunno.gif
Is this something to be concerned about? Normal?

I'm having the same issue.
barnie.gif
A green egg a day then the last 3 weeks nothing! I don't know if she's taking a break or if its hormonal. She was squatting all the time but now runs away like a younger pullet. Two other things happening that might have upset mine - the rooster is 4 mon. old and chasing the hens and there is a hawk making an appearance a couple times a day and everyone hustles into the coop cowering. Someone said they sometimes stop if upset. However that has not stopped the others-they lay daily and my appenzeller just started laying small white eggs. Anyway everyone says not to worry she'll resume when she's ready. But it's my old green egg layer!!!!
hit.gif

It's that time of the year when chickens molt, so maybe they are not laying because of that. Also my EE is a very erratic layer, lays for a couple weeks then nothing for weeks. Don't know if that characteristic of EE's or maybe she is a lot older than I think.

Imp

My EE is a lazy layer. When she isn't molting she lays about 3- 4 eggs a week. My experience with them (I used to have 2 others) is that they aren't the most reliable breed for laying. They seem to use every excuse in the book to take a holiday from it.
hmm.png

yup, sounds like mine! no egg in 9 days. Even before then I olny got one evry 2-3 days from her. She was adopted and I was told she was 1 yr old but I think Im having my doubts she's only 1 yr old though?? I looked her over real good yesterday and she seesm like she's moulting:-( so that right there is the egg problem..

Back
Top Bottom