EE question?

The bird in question will lay green eggs IF she inherited the blue gene from mom. There is no guarantee on that, she could have inherited the blue gene or brown gene from her. The blue gene is closely related to the pea comb gene which is why I asked which kind of comb she has. If it is a pea comb then she likely inherited the blue gene, if a single comb then likely the brown gene.

I have breed my EE with a single combed hen with the brown gene and his daughters have single comb and they lay green eggs

There is no such thing as a green egg gene.

There are only two colors of egg shells in the chicken world. Blue and white. Brown eggs are white eggs with a brown coating. ALL hens that lay green eggs carry one gene for blue and a gene for a brown "coating" which gives you green eggs.

Like keesmom said when you breed a hen that lays a green egg to a rooster from a brown egg line, IF her pullet inherits her blue gene, she will lay a green egg.

The bird in question will lay green eggs IF she inherited the blue gene from mom. There is no guarantee on that, she could have inherited the blue gene or brown gene from her. The blue gene is closely related to the pea comb gene which is why I asked which kind of comb she has. If it is a pea comb then she likely inherited the blue gene, if a single comb then likely the brown gene.
The bird in question does have a pea comb. It's not a single comb at all definitely pea comb. But looks barred rock in feathering.

I have owned EE crosses that had a pea comb and still laid a brown egg.
1f622.png

Don't give up hope until you see that brown egg.....

Back
Top Bottom