EE Roo.....who do I cross him with?

I have an EE roo, and a mix of hens. ee's, blue and black marans, black sex link, rir, and an ameraucana. Just wondering what the offspring would be considered? Would they all be EE? Or just barnyard mix?

The EE X Ameraucanas would be EEs. Unless your rooster passes his blue egg gene to the offspring produced by mating him with your other hens, the offspring would just be barnyard mixes.

Would it be beneficial to get a different rooster? Like an Ameraucana? I am ok with having EE's, but I don't just want a mess of chicks.....

Personally, assuming that your Blue or Black Marans hens are pure, I would get either a Blue or Black Marans rooster and breed some pure Blue or Black Marans offspring.

I would definitely breed your EE with your RIR! You will get an amazing bird depending on the color of your rooster
here are my EE x RIR mix hens
I have an EE roo, and a mix of hens. ee's, blue and black marans, black sex link, rir, and an ameraucana. Just wondering what the offspring would be considered? Would they all be EE? Or just barnyard mix?
image0 (23).jpeg IMG_2482 (4).JPG
These birds are noted as Mix breed Easter Eggers

Attachments

• image2 (6).jpeg
    image2 (6).jpeg
    862.4 KB · Views: 0
Here is my EE rooster, the mix hens father

Attachments

• pictures of vawesomeness 067.JPG
    pictures of vawesomeness 067.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom