EE?

Ok cool :3 Im just loving all the feathers that are coming in on my little chickies ^~^ my reds are starting to get little frosty tips. I think some head feathers are going to pop out soon too cause its not as smooth. Im so excited
1f44a.png
1f4aa.png
1f601.png
1f414.png
1f423.png

An EE doesn't have any certain feather pattern, but it can't be self, like your bird. If it's self-colored, that means that it would be an purebred Ameraucana, but you can't have a purebred without a beard and muffs! :) Basically, EEs are just Ameraucanas mixes, which means it can be different varieties of Ameraucanas crossed together, or it can be Ameraucana crossed with other breeds (what I suspect your bird is).
False in so many ways.
Easter Eggers can be any combination of color and pattern, including solid colors. Solid coloring is not what differentiates an Easter Egger from a pure Ameraucana. Modern Ameraucana were actually derived and refined from the birds we now call Easter Eggers. Ameraucana have white skin, with slate legs, pea combs, muffs, beards, only lay blue eggs, and are White, Black, Blue, Buff, Blue Wheaten, Wheaten, Brown Red (same coloring as Black Copper Marans), or Silver. There are also some project colors which include Lavender/Self Blue, Mottled, and Splash.

Easter Eggers can be any color, have any comb type, have muffs and beard or be clean faced, can have any color skin, any color legs, and lay any colored egg. Easter Eggers can be Ameraucana mixes, Legbar mixes, Rhodebar mixes, Araucana mixes, or come from the hatchery landrace types.

I have many different kinds and colors of EE's. I have solid colors and a whole lot of different colors in. My solid colors came from MPC.

I agree 100% with Junebuggena. I have some with straight combs although most have the pea comb. I have some that are bearded and not bearded from other places. I have some that lay blue, green, pink, and every shade in between. They are all crosses, they aren't a true breed, so you will get a surprise each and every time. The only reason they are called easter eggers is because they lay colored eggs.

Some people who breed them, do breed for the beards, tufts, certain coloring and all of that, but that still doesn't mean that they are a breed or will have certain characteristics, it just means that particular person wanted to breed for those things. Also eggs will be anywhere from small to jumbo. All of mine lay different sizes.

I think she could well be an EE pullet. I've noticed a lot of clean faced EE from the hatcheries the last two years or so. I think when she matures she may look like one of my previous birds.....

wonderful blue and green eggers, both from MMM hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom