egg bound chicken?

wantbantams

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
I think that I have an egg bound chicken, but after much research I am not so sure. "Cluck Cluck the little red hen" has a very hard tummy. It almost feels like she has eggs inside of her. She is getting around fine. She is happy, eating, pooping normal, roosting with her friends at night. She is super cute, but her lower tummy by her vent is hard. Yesterday I tried to give her a hot bath yesterday. It was for about 20 minutes. While I was doing that I was rubbing the whole area toward the vent. I kept the vent underwater. I then lubed her up with vaseline. I was expecting a reduction in swelling today, but there was none. How long do I treat it? Is it egg bound? I am not sure what to do, but she is a total sweetie!

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

I think that I have an egg bound chicken, but after much research I am not so sure. "Cluck Cluck the little red hen" has a very hard tummy. It almost feels like she has eggs inside of her. She is getting around fine. She is happy, eating, pooping normal, roosting with her friends at night. She is super cute, but her lower tummy by her vent is hard. Yesterday I tried to give her a hot bath yesterday. It was for about 20 minutes. While I was doing that I was rubbing the whole area toward the vent. I kept the vent underwater. I then lubed her up with vaseline. I was expecting a reduction in swelling today, but there was none. How long do I treat it? Is it egg bound? I am not sure what to do, but she is a total sweetie!

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Her is a link to explain egg bound in chickens.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/07/chicken-egg-binding-causes-symptoms.html.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom