Egg Bound or Egg Peritonitis? Help!

UPDATE: Unfortunately, we had to put our sweet Twyla down this evening. She was getting worse by the hour. She was literally propping herself up against the walls of the dog crate. She was unable to hold herself up. She was losing all control of her wings and legs. It was painful to see her suffer like that so we had to put her out of her misery. I wanted to cut her abdomen open afterwards to see exactly what was going on inside but there really was no need. I pressed all around her abdomen and vent area after she passed and it felt like a water balloon. I didn't feel anything hard like an egg inside, it was all just fluid. I am certain she had egg peritonitis. She was the leader of our flock and so sweet and calm. She was never aggressive...she was a such a gentle leader. We will miss her dearly! Thank you all for responding to my post. Blessings to each of you ❤️

UPDATE: Unfortunately, we had to put our sweet Twyla down this evening. She was getting worse by the hour. She was literally propping herself up against the walls of the dog crate. She was unable to hold herself up. She was losing all control of her wings and legs. It was painful to see her suffer like that so we had to put her out of her misery. I wanted to cut her abdomen open afterwards to see exactly what was going on inside but there really was no need. I pressed all around her abdomen and vent area after she passed and it felt like a water balloon. I didn't feel anything hard like an egg inside, it was all just fluid. I am certain she had egg peritonitis. She was the leader of our flock and so sweet and calm. She was never aggressive...she was a such a gentle leader. We will miss her dearly! Thank you all for responding to my post. Blessings to each of you ❤️
Oh no, so sorry to hear. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom