Egg bound

I didn't even put my finger all the wayin cause she acted like it hurt. she isn't eating much. well I have never had to look at their tummys much so im unsure I think its a little puffy it feels puffy.

I'm not experienced enough to contribute anymore. I was trying to help by sharing my own experience with my hen that was egg bound. I could see and feel the egg.
I'll keep following, in case I can contribute in some way.
Hoping for the best outcome.

I didn't even put my finger all the wayin cause she acted like it hurt. she isn't eating much. well I have never had to look at their tummys much so im unsure I think its a little puffy it feels puffy.
Poor little Turkey. The thing is if you can't confirm through an exam by feeling an egg, you don't really know that she is egg bound. There are lots of reasons that a hen could stop laying for a while. I had a hen inside when she was ill for a few weeks (it happened to be a crop issue) and she did not lay an egg once because of the stress of being sick.

I'm glad she is drinking water okay, but if she wont eat her feed of maybe something extra nutritious like scrambled eggs on her own, then she might need to force fed.

how do u force feed?
Feeding syringe...Soften some pellets mixed with water. Have someone hold her in a towel and just open her beak and slowly push the contents down her throat. Give her time to swallow. You might also want to get some liquid chick vitamins. That has a baby dropper. But like that other gal said, only if she won't eat on her own. Make her some eggs. :) I sure hope she comes around. Keep us posted.

You have to avoid putting food down her trachea! If you look on her throat there is a hole in the back of her throat, her breathing hole! Put nothing down there she will choke. Introduce the food to the part of her throat that is beside that hole ok?

Back
Top Bottom