Egg color

They're absolutely my favorites! I haven't had a rooster since I was a kid. Our main one foghorn was mean. I hope this guy stays sweet. The pictures are of him liking to come up on the deck and sit in the sun with me! I hope he doesn't start a trend cuz I don't really want the chickens on the deck and they've never come up before but it didn't take him long. I hate to kick him off though because he loves to be near me. Right now anyway... 😂

My flock split into mini flocks when free ranging. I use to have a rooster that brought his girls up to the house every day. They would dust bathe under the porch and we even had one lady that laid eggs on my wife’s favorite chair. I loved it except for the chicken poop on the porch.

Yeah at my old house they would come up on my screen porch to beg for food through the window. Created somewhat of a problem so did not want to go back to that. Mine have a big run and a coop but every day I let them out for a few hours to free range. I have 10 hens and just got him a couple weeks ago. They are definitely keeping him in check right now. He tries to be a big man but they back him down. I'm hoping him being raised as the baby with 10 hens and him being the only rooster will keep him from being too much of a jerk 😂🤣

But if he decides to be a brat I'm a dog groomer and wildlife rehabber. It's not like I'll be afraid of him. He'll end up getting those spikes dremeled if he's not careful with them lol

Back
Top Bottom