Egg Countdown!

Kzdnae

Chirping
Jun 6, 2018
508953E6-199E-450C-B76A-C647B5D33CF6.jpeg My 24 weekold Cream Legbar squatted for me this evening when I was putting out some fresh grains. I’ve been dying for a sign that her first little blue egg will appear!!! Anyone else get this excited when a pullet squats!?!? I literally called my mom as if I had won the lottery .

.... and in you own way, you did win! Your hen is lovely and her eggs will be too! I love my CCL and she lays for me pretty much every day! Her eggs are a beautiful clear blue and I hatched out 2 of her eggs crossed with my Black Copper Marans rooster and got two beautiful pullets who are almost ready to lay me some green eggs. :love

D23F2639-AB49-4827-AFAC-156B6B87C94A.jpeg
.... and in you own way, you did win! Your hen is lovely and her eggs will be too! I love my CCL and she lays for me pretty much every day! Her eggs are a beautiful clear blue and I hatched out 2 of her eggs crossed with my Black Copper Marans rooster and got two beautiful pullets who are almost ready to lay me some green eggs. :love
I would love to see pictures of your MaransxLegbar crosses! I have a pullet same age as this one that is a supposed MaransxLegbar but she looks more like a Welsummer than either of those breeds. Pic included

Here are my girls. Because the CCL hen only carries one barring gene, she only passes that gene on to cockerels, so these pullets coming from a Marans roo show no barring at all. The only tell tale Legbar trait is the tuft on top! I love these two girls, Five and Six, due to the numbers on their eggs. Cant wait for them to start to lay! This pic was taken when they were about 9 weeks old, now they have the most beautiful dark green and purple sheen to their feathers. Almost looks like lacing.
IMG_8204.JPG

Here are my girls. Because the CCL hen only carries one barring gene, she only passes that gene on to cockerels, so these pullets coming from a Marans roo show no barring at all. The only tell tale Legbar trait is the tuft on top! I love these two girls, Five and Six, due to the numbers on their eggs. Cant wait for them to start to lay! This pic was taken when they were about 9 weeks old, now they have the most beautiful dark green and purple sheen to their feathers. Almost looks like lacing.View attachment 1480200
What cuties!!!!! We lost a Marans pullet a few months ago and her feathers were so gorgeous in the light. I definitely need another one!

Back
Top Bottom