Egg eater

bluegoose

Songster
9 Years
Mar 25, 2010
all of my ringnecks have been laying for about a month. but my red goldens were not laying so i though maybe its still to early for reds. while I was getting the eggs from my ringnecks I checked on my reds pen and saw a egg broken.for three days in a row I found eggs busted so I tried the egg test I put two of my ringnecks eggs in with them and nothing happend.untill I saw one of my red hens lay a egg and as soon as she walked away from the egg the red roo ran over and started beating the crap out of it not eating it just busting it.I have never seen a roo do that before he would wait untill she dropped the egg and then attack it he didnt touch the ringneck eggs.Im glad I had some extra red roos He now lives in a cage in someones home like a parrot he just stands there and looks pretty.

He May Be Smarter Than You Give Him Credit For... I Mean No Kids, No Child Support Payments...
hmm.png

I Dunno Maybe Its Just My Twisted Past...
smile.png

Does your hen have a secluded spot or brush pile to lay her eggs in? Try putting some cover in so she can lay without the male seeing it. If it continues, separate them and let her lay a clutch without the presence of the rooster. She will be fertile enough to lay a clutch, and then put them together to breed again. Continue as needed.

Back
Top Bottom