Egg hatching problem

Luqix

Hatching
Jan 31, 2023
Hi, I am a beginner in egg hatching, and I now have an egg that has pipped at day 17 (i think the end of day 16 actually) which is super early! So the story is I received 10 eggs from a friend and I was using brinsea mini eco II, unfortunately my thermometer wasn't properly calibrated, and I realised only after a few days that the temperature was around 38.6 or higher. Needless to say 9/10 of the eggs died, but one survived. So I got another brinsea advance to make sure the temperature stays constant and auto-turn the eggs, and I got another 15 eggs from the friend. So it has been 5 days since the new eggs have been placed in the incubator, I was planning to put the last surviving egg from the first batch in the first incubator on day 18, but I realised yesterday that it has already pipped.
It has been about 10 hours, it has been chirping and moving a lot since I first noticed it. The membrane seems white so I think the humidity is ok? The problem is, for the past few days, the eggs had been turned every 45 minutes. I stopped the turning after noticing the first pip and I have not touched the incubator since. However, if I leave the egg inside, the other eggs can't be turned. But if i open the incubator, im afraid that the membrane will dry out. Should I leave it inside and hope the other eggs survive not turning for a day or should I remove it? Thanks in advance!!!

No at day 5 those eggs need to be turned
You can quickly move the egg from on bator to the other just make sure the humidity is up going into the new one
Yoy can spritz some warm water in just before you move the egg not much just a spray to give it a bit higher so when you open the lid you don’t loose much
I have opened my bator many times in the middle of hatches and never got a shrink wrapped baby

No at day 5 those eggs need to be turned
You can quickly move the egg from on bator to the other just make sure the humidity is up going into the new one
Yoy can spritz some warm water in just before you move the egg not much just a spray to give it a bit higher so when you open the lid you don’t loose much
I have opened my bator many times in the middle of hatches and never got a shrink wrapped baby
ah, how long can the eggs stay not turned? the other incubator is fully set up so i can move it anytime

Back
Top Bottom