Egg help-22 days

Dchicken207

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Maine
So tonight it will be 22 days since I put eggs in the incubator. Some of the eggs move a little if you watch them, but this has been going on since last nite. Should I be worried? First time hatch here, thx for any help.

What day did you put your eggs in the incubator and what time? What was your temperature and humidity throughout incubation and what are they now? Lower temperatures can and will cause late hatches. If you see your eggs rocking then those eggs are definately still living.

Tonight at 9pm will be exactly 22 days since they went in. Not sure on humidity but temp has been 99-100 the whole time. I have been misting the incubator the last few days lightly and I have a wet sponge in there along with the water rings on bottom.

The day that you set your eggs, is that when you counted as day 1? The temperature sounds fine.
Day 1 is 24 hours after you set your eggs.

OP, the fact that they're moving is good. It means they're getting ready to hatch. Sometimes a hatch can be a day or so "late" if the temp has been off a bit. Thermometers aren't always 100% accurate. I'd let them be as long as they're showing signs of life. Humidity is good, but you don't want it too humid.

Last edited:
sorry forgot to post back. I ended up with 4 chicks and @ $70 a dozen for the eggs I guess that was better then none at all.

Back
Top Bottom