Egg just exploded in the incubator

That is a tough choice since they're in lockdown. oh dear... so this egg has exploded inside the incubator and the chicks are in lockdown now... and they're going to hatch into this exploded egg bacterial mess ...but if you clean incubator, you have to take the chicks out of Lockdown to do it.
Oh my, what a choice. I don't know what I would do. maybe ask Sally Sunshine, she would probably know.
Karen

I haven't been on here enough to know who Sally Sunshine is or how to contact her. (I'm also using a phone so that's a bit different too.) Im glad you understand my dilemma lol. I should have stated it in the first place.

My duck eggs are on day 13 and developing beautifully except one egg leaked. Is there any game in transferring them to a new incubator so I can thoroughly clean the one they are in in now?

My duck eggs are on day 13 and developing beautifully except one egg leaked. Is there any game in transferring them to a new incubator so I can thoroughly clean the one they are in in now?

Did you get it cleaned? I would try to make sure temperatures and humidity match up and not do it when there are any drafts. I've read some people would steam up their bathroom and then transfer. Idk how that works as I have never done it. I went ahead and took out the busted egg and let the last chick finish hatching. Idk how well that's gonna turn out. She seems fine but never know if she'll be sick bc of the bacteria. I'm a newbie so we'll see.

Exploding eggs! Wow, I had no knowledge of such a thing happening until yesterday. rat I learned of the possibility of exploding eggs in an article I was reading yesterday. Then your post here confirming the article. I have been trying to understand why the candling process is important. I have been skipping that step lately and my hatch rate has been just under 80%, so what's the point of candling? The experience you posted coupled with the article I read yesterday has convinced me to get back on program and quit "Winging" it before something bad happens. Thanks for your post.

Back
Top Bottom