Egg laying or not??🤔🤔🤔

You are very welcome.

I laugh at my girls every day. There are 4 nests currently and 12 birds old enough to lay (actually all 12 are over 5-6 years old). I find eggs in only 2 nests, nine eggs total in just the 2 nests.

Before long my 11 pullets will be laying. I plan to add a few nest boxes mostly because the Brahmas are going to be big gals and I want them to have more room. I do hope it will reduce the fussing over ONE favorite box and allow the pullets to not get bullied out of a nest.
Well, I got a little surprise when moved my hens and my rooster into the new pen. So a few days ago I had asked a question on here about what is normal for them not to lay everyday or was I giving you many treats to them that it was affecting their laying. Anyways, when I moved the chickens out into the new pen. I found almost a dozen eggs all in one spot. So I was excited that I wasn't feeding to many treats to them that they had stopped laying but was more wandering why they chose to lay somewhere else that they have never laid before and it was in covered spot but it was on the ground it just had a little shelter over it. I just thought it was odd but thankful!! Any ideas??

Well, I got a little surprise when moved my hens and my rooster into the new pen. So a few days ago I had asked a question on here about what is normal for them not to lay everyday or was I giving you many treats to them that it was affecting their laying. Anyways, when I moved the chickens out into the new pen. I found almost a dozen eggs all in one spot. So I was excited that I wasn't feeding to many treats to them that they had stopped laying but was more wandering why they chose to lay somewhere else that they have never laid before and it was in covered spot but it was on the ground it just had a little shelter over it. I just thought it was odd but thankful!! Any ideas??

Maybe there was someone in the favorite nest so a hen laid in a completely different place and others followed suit.

They all have a book titled "When they think they have you figured out change it up to keep them guessing". :lau

Back
Top Bottom