Egg laying questions

Can't really see the head area well enough but that might be a leghorn.
Farm stores are notorious for mixing up chicken breeds....and the hatchery can too.

Can't really see the head area well enough but that might be a leghorn.
Farm stores are notorious for mixing up chicken breeds....and the hatchery can too.
That looks 100% leghorn to me, too. That would explain the early layer and white egg. Look at the good side! She will be an awesome later for you!!!!

Does this help? She was a little younger here (almost 13wks). I don't have any good front shots of her face because she always finds a way to cock her head to the side lol

Also, if she lays white, I'm not really that disappointed. I just hate being deceived. I've learned a lot since buying these chicks, and I'll be trying to apply that for future chicks :)

ugh, figures. she's from my first batch of lied to then. my 2nd batch was 4 EE (suppose to be ameraucana) and a RIR cockerel. RIR cockerel is no longer here. I rehomed him, he was a mean little bugger.

ugh, figures. she's from my first batch of lied to then. my 2nd batch was 4 EE (suppose to be ameraucana) and a RIR cockerel. RIR cockerel is no longer here. I rehomed him, he was a mean little bugger.
Where did you get them?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom