Egg rocking sinxe day 18

oh, yes, it is a pullet egg...oops. I did candle the egg. I don't have a very bright light so I can't see blood vessels, I can see movement though. I see a little bump into the air cell, but I can't make out a head and it's not all the way up in the air cell. I checked the whole egg, no pip anywhere:(

oh, yes, it is a pullet egg...oops. I did candle the egg. I don't have a very bright light so I can't see blood vessels, I can see movement though. I see a little bump into the air cell, but I can't make out a head and it's not all the way up in the air cell. I checked the whole egg, no pip anywhere:(

You know the more you mess with the egg the less likely it is to hatch? I did this by mistake earlier this year and ended up causing a 0 hatch rate. The chick needs to be in the right position to hatch, if you keep moving it then it can't get into the right position. Also everytime you remove it from the incubator the humidity goes down. Put it in the incubator and leave it closed.

She had to open her incubator anyway to take out the chicks that had already hatched. After this much time she'd probably have to open it to add more water to get the humidity up again too.

You know the more you mess with the egg the less likely it is to hatch? I did this by mistake earlier this year and ended up causing a 0 hatch rate. The chick needs to be in the right position to hatch, if you keep moving it then it can't get into the right position. Also everytime you remove it from the incubator the humidity goes down. Put it in the incubator and leave it closed.

I think this could have been what happened to me... I didn't move the eggs around, Monday morning when I came into my classroom there were 7 new babies climbing all over the place bumping and rolling the other eggs around. Could they have caused the other eggs not to hatch?

I had 32 eggs that looked good right before lockdown but then only 12 hatched. humidity has stayed high, and I only opened up the incubator a couple of times to remove hatched chicks. Any ideas?

My understanding is that the chicks bumping into the other eggs shouldn't bother them. I've heard that it encourages them some, but these other folks have more experience than I do. I was careful to set the egg down in the same position that I was in before I picked it up.
She just started chirping at me a couple of hours ago, so perhaps she hadn't even internally pipped until then. Maybe she was just having a good time doing a boogie in there; the egg was rocking so much you would have thought there was an earthquake! Here's to hoping for some progress, now since we are now ending day 22.

I think this could have been what happened to me... I didn't move the eggs around, Monday morning when I came into my classroom there were 7 new babies climbing all over the place bumping and rolling the other eggs around. Could they have caused the other eggs not to hatch?

I had 32 eggs that looked good right before lockdown but then only 12 hatched. humidity has stayed high, and I only opened up the incubator a couple of times to remove hatched chicks. Any ideas?

It could be they got knocked around to much. Or their shells could have been to hard to crack. Also could be that it wasn't a good bunch of eggs. Sometimes the chick forms inside the egg then dies just before time to hatch because it was weak, or deformed.

Back
Top Bottom