egg size and using questions.

potatoyay

Chirping
Apr 17, 2023
i've read 3-4 quail eggs is a chicken egg, and i've also read 5-6 quail eggs is a chicken egg. talking about standard coturnix.

we got our first egg today, a small 9 grams. is that just a "fart" egg or possibly the real size?

does that mean you'd need 8-12 eggs to make a recipe that requires 2 chicken eggs?

how do you separate the whites from the yolks? same way as you'd do a chicken egg, by passing it back and forth from the shell? seems too tiny to do that almost, but it could work i suppose?

i've read 3-4 quail eggs is a chicken egg, and i've also read 5-6 quail eggs is a chicken egg. talking about standard coturnix.

we got our first egg today, a small 9 grams. is that just a "fart" egg or possibly the real size?

does that mean you'd need 8-12 eggs to make a recipe that requires 2 chicken eggs?

how do you separate the whites from the yolks? same way as you'd do a chicken egg, by passing it back and forth from the shell? seems too tiny to do that almost, but it could work i suppose?
I dont know about the rest, but when they first start laying eggs are slightly smaller. This applies to most birds. I weighed my first jumbo quail egg and it was 10g, but now the layer in question lays 14-17g eggs on average.

9 grams is about right for a 1st time layer, as the production line gets 'finer tuned' they will get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom