Egg song with no egg

i didn't notice any egg song until the other hens also started to lay..

sometimes they will lay after the song

there are 2 nesting boxes for 5 hens but for some reason all of them like to lay in 1 nesting box

so if you have one hen already inside and the other is waiting outside.. that's when it will get noisy

I thought that I should update that the first egg finally came yesterday, but it was not from the egg song singing BA ladies. One of the EE laid it, and sang the song for the first time... at least least we sure haven't heard her ever practice it. Those BA are still singing it, but no eggs yet. Teases!

And now today a second EE began to lay, as well as either one of the BA or SLW. The second egg was beautiful light pink-ish brown, and I didn't see who laid it, nor who was singing after.

I thought it might be a Wyandotte too. So far I haven't seen any of them in the boxes though, but two of my four look like they are laying, or at least close. I have seen the Australorps laying now however, and all the brown eggs that I've been getting are pretty similar. I have one Australorp pullet that I know isn't laying yet, but the other three are. Yay! I'm just so happy to have them laying. I'm getting 3 eggs per day now and I say "thanks ladies!" as I walk by with the eggs.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom