Egg turner help

Hi guys.

Just fired mine up too, it has been siting there a while as the chooks went on strike. I noticed the same thing initially. Moving to the same spot over and over. If you press the reset button on left hand side it will go through a cycle. Watching over the first couple of days it seems to cycle through different amounts. So it has been reaching different positions, extreme tilts in either direction or vertical or anywhere in between. I think its just that each time it moves it doesnt move far from its previous position, but in a 24 hr period (12 cycles) it seems to cover most of the spectrum. Ill continually watch it, but think it will be fine given the range of movement the egg see each cycle and if others like mine eventually move to rest at other angles.

It had me worried initially so had the old small one going. Im candling the eggs tonight it's been 3 days so will see whats happened in the first 3 days. Will I have veins
1f423.png

Pooman , how did it go for you? I have the same incubator and the same issue with the turner. Seems like all Janoel 48 have this issue.

I waited for my eggs to hatch for 24 days and most of them developed well but the egg yolk was still out of their bodies. It is interesting to read here that this might be due to the bad turner and the egg yolk got stuck to the membrane.

I posted this pic elsewhere on this forum but just to illustrate it These chicks I took out the eggs and are dead on day 24;

So sad

Che,

My thermostat was out, high by 2oC, so 2 batches were destroyed by that.

The 3rd batch no thing developing after 5 days, so gave em to the dog.

So I'm not sure, i was right on 37.5 /99 for the last incubation (separate accurate thermometer) so im just monitoring the egg fertility... Which seems to be hit and miss unfortunately.

Regarding the turner though its seems ok, every 2 hours it goes through about 85% of the cycle, so over the entire day get rocked back and forth 12 times, and does sit in all the various positions. Im sure its not the turner, and i think a much better turner than my tiny janoel which rolls them side to side continously. But they get jammed up and dont roll. Much more consistent in the big one.

Hoping for a broody soon, then ill set eggs in both batons and under the broody, see if anything grows. Seemif i can narrow down this problem im having

Hi have the same issue with mine too!!!! I was just wondering what kind of auto turner did you replace the one with? How those the tuner placed in with the wall plug sticking out? I need to replace mine ASAP!! Please help

I bought mine on amazon with a two year warranty. I have the same turner issues, and their response was that it worked properly. I obviously can return it, but what I did was buy a different turner and keep it. I love the digital display, alarm, and the large size. Obviously I bought it for the turner, etc.., but as far as I know, no seller will admit there is a defect. I'd LOVE to have them fix it, replace, whatever. I've even entertained the idea to find a different motor (because that's what ultimately determines how it turns). Anywho, I'm just keeping mine for the reasons mentioned before. It's a decent price for what you get, and I'm not in the market for a $600+ incubator. Overall, the yolks will stick if you use this incubator's turner. So unfortunate.

Yes. I just got the ones they sell at Tractor Supply, or any other farm supply store. I drilled a hole in one side big enough to fit the plug through and sealed off the excess space with bubble wrap. It works great.

Hi! Super late response, but hope this helps someone: I've incubated three batches in this same incubator. My best results came from setting it on 38.2 and 30% humidity (then at day 18 increase humidity)

Was the turner doing the same as the rest say there's is? Cause my Janoel is acting the same way, continues to hold them on the right side But does move them every 2 hrs and then returns to the same location again.

So I just want to confirm what was said earlier, the turner does something every 2 hours, and it may not be noticeable unless you see it happen. Look at the front of the bator and set a timer to 1 minute before the timer says 2 hours is over. Then watch it closely. Between 0:00 and 1:59 the turner will turn the eggs. As was stated earlier, they will go to many different positions after this, but they are being turned. They are not gradually turning from one place to another, but they are being turned. I could argue they are being turned more like a broody hen would turn them, but again, they are being turned. Many are used to eggs being turned gradually from one side to the other, and this bator doesn't do that, but it does turn the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom