Egg turner question

1eyejer

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Prince Edward Island
So i finally broke down and ordered an egg turner and i must say that i am extremely excited. My question is when you stop turning on the last few days of incubation, do you take the eggs out of the turner..I realize that this might be a silly question and there will probably be instructions come with it..But, Im asking anyway
Thanks

I take the turner out. Newly hatched chicks can get a leg caught in the rails and break the leg struggling to get out.
Also, it's a pain cleaning the turner after a hatch.

Yes, yes, yes take them out of the turner! I almost had a chick death when a chick hatched early and was still in the turner. It got stuck underneath it and luckily I found it in time. Had I not checked the bator that morning, I'm sure it would have died while I was at work that day.

Quote:
I take them out of the turner and place them in egg cartons to hatch with the big end up. Saves on the cleanup.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I take them out of the turner and place them in egg cartons to hatch with the big end up. Saves on the cleanup.
thumbsup.gif

I was doing this for a while but I just started using the turner instead I hatch mostly quail A coupla chicken hatches this past year but I started hatching last January and have been hatching non stop since then both in a homemade and A HB but I am home during the day so I do not have any days that I forget to check the incy at least 2-5 times a day might make a differance

Back
Top Bottom