Egg with NO shell

RonB

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Woodinville
I know chickens laying eggs with no shell is Common. I have done a search on it here. I have several breeds, one of my white leghorns had been laying a egg every other day. then she layed Three eggs in three days with NO shell. just the rubbery type egg. BUT TODAY when she was free ranging. I noticed she just kind of stood around not really scratching. I wondered if she was not feeling well. later she went into the coop, so I went in to watch her. She laid an egg on the floor with NO shell or even the rubbery stuff. The egg looked like one in the frying pan.I noticed when she was in the field, the feathers around her vent kept moving like she had to poop. But nothing came out. She has the same diet as the rest of my chickens. getting oyster shell.

ANY IDEA's ?????
Thanks

i'm having the same type of rubbery eggs happening with my light brahma the last 2 days, and she just started laying too. my problem is that both times i've seen the eggs it is already broken but no one appears to be eating the remains. (at least i hope no one has eaten it.

they are all getting egg maker crumble and i occasionally put some yogurt out for them along with leafy veggies and scratch/seeds. and of course they get oyster shell which i notice not all of them seem to ingest, most seem to ignore it.

so i'll be keeping an eye on your thread if you don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom