Egg Yolk Peritonitis?

Ry123

Songster
Feb 14, 2022
California, San Diego
Hi everyone I have a easter egger who has been going to her nesting box everyday amd no egg and has been having a full crop at night and empty in the morning she has been pooping normally all day until today at night time I am not sure if this is normal what do you guys think? She has been acting like herself however tonight she was acting different but it could have been because i checked her 7 at night. She is 1 year and a half and has been perfectly healthy the entire time i have had her. I am not sure if she just isn't laying because she could be broody or because it is getting close to fall. she has never had any sort of issues with her eggs and has never laid a soft shell so this seems really out of the ordinary. Her last egg must have been a few weeks ago. her comb seems normal i will check in the morning. her vent looks clean. Could this just be here drinking too much water?
Snapchat-730340824.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably a protazoa infection. Normally everyone points to coccidiosis, but in this case it could be Avian Intestinal Spirochetosis. To cover both, treat with Tiamulin (Denagard 12.5%).

Dosage is 0.2 ml per lb of body weight for 3-5 days.

She'll need probiotics after.

It may also be a parasitic infection (worms), on the upside, Tiamulin is useful for those too.

Back
Top Bottom