Eggs arent hatching - expert hatcher advice needed

TT43

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
My eggs chirped a couple days ago and now nothing. No movement in the eggs, no pipping and its day 25. Temp has been 99.5, humidity at 68-70%, chicken eggs, no turner in bottom. We turned eggs several times a day until day 18. Will the water test kill them if they are still alive?

What do we do? I candled last night and didn't see any movement in them.

I would do a safety hole, then wait a bit. What was your humidity for the first 18 days. If it was that high more than likely they didn't make it due to to much liquid still inside the eggs.. i keep mine around 30 to 45, then raise it up to 65ish..

I would do a safety hole, then wait a bit. What was your humidity for the first 18 days. If it was that high more than likely they didn't make it due to to much liquid still inside the eggs.. i keep mine around 30 to 45, then raise it up to 65ish..
It stayed around 50%. So carefully put a hole in top where air sac is?

Day 25 seems long if anything was going to happen. Sometime failed hatches occur. If you pin do it where air sac is at. To know or get some idea of why the chick died in egg, open it up and see.

My eggs chirped a couple days ago and now nothing. No movement in the eggs, no pipping and its day 25. Temp has been 99.5, humidity at 68-70%, chicken eggs, no turner in bottom. We turned eggs several times a day until day 18. Will the water test kill them if they are still alive?

What do we do? I candled last night and didn't see any movement in them.
Hi, I'm sorry you had to go through this. The exact same thing happened to me too. During my second batch and the incubating process, my eggs were cold for about 12 hours bc I accidentally spilled water on my thermostat which caused damage. They all survived till day 20. I did everything that u did as well. I had 20 eggs and all of them died. The problem was that while the eggs were cold they stopped developing and that changed the time. So even if I stopped turning them and increased the humidity, they should've needed an extra day or two to make up for the hours they stayed cold. If you had any of these accidents than that could be the case. If the chick already pipped then it is absolutely not safe to try the water test! But if it hasn't pipped yet than its completely safe. Just make sure that the water is 38-39 grad Celcius and not too hot or too cold.

Back
Top Bottom