Eggs dying between week one and two

debonatrix

Songster
Sep 5, 2022
Hello all,

So I am not new to incubating eggs, but I am new to MGB and OEGB. My daughter and I are trying to hatch out her MGB and OEGB eggs, and they develop well, then die somewhere between week one and two.

I am using a Hovabator with a fan and an automatic egg turner (the upright kind). Humidity between 40-50% and temp stays between 99.5-100.5. I am only candling day 7, then 14.

I have successfully hatched lots of eggs with this incubator, egg turned, temp and humidity. I have a 70-80% hatch rate on shipped eggs.

These are from our own chickens, so not old eggs.

What are we doing wrong?

Hello all,

So I am not new to incubating eggs, but I am new to MGB and OEGB. My daughter and I are trying to hatch out her MGB and OEGB eggs, and they develop well, then die somewhere between week one and two.

I am using a Hovabator with a fan and an automatic egg turner (the upright kind). Humidity between 40-50% and temp stays between 99.5-100.5. I am only candling day 7, then 14.

I have successfully hatched lots of eggs with this incubator, egg turned, temp and humidity. I have a 70-80% hatch rate on shipped eggs.

These are from our own chickens, so not old eggs.

What are we doing wrong?
Are your thermometer and hygrometer calibrated?

How old are the hens and what do they eat?

Yes, the thermometer and hydrometer are calibrated.

They are eating Kalmbach layer crumbles mixed with Kalmbach flock raiser crumbles.

The are all between 9-12 months old.

Back
Top Bottom