Eggs in hot weather

Oh wow!
That is so good to hear. I have a swamp cooler set up for the ladies but it’s still low 80s in the coop and was concerned.
Thank You ❤️
I forgot to say "welcome".
I wish I could use a swamp cooler. They don't work well here because our humidity is too high.
Hot weather is always my biggest concern for my flock.

Yes double yolkers, small eggs, etc... all normal for young layers. They are still growing and maturing, it takes a while to get their egg laying machines in gear. :)
I forgot to say "welcome".
I wish I could use a swamp cooler. They don't work well here because our humidity is too high.
Hot weather is always my biggest concern for my flock.
The ladies have gotten very spoiled with the swamp cooler 😂 they line up in front of it with their feathers blowing in the breeze. I thought the electric bill was going to kill me since it’s running all day but it wasn’t that bad. It drops the temperature in the coop by 15° with the 6’ door and 2 windows open, you have to leave the airflow because the swamp cooler increases the moisture in the air.

The ladies have gotten very spoiled with the swamp cooler 😂 they line up in front of it with their feathers blowing in the breeze. I thought the electric bill was going to kill me since it’s running all day but it wasn’t that bad. It drops the temperature in the coop by 15° with the 6’ door and 2 windows open, you have to leave the airflow because the swamp cooler increases the moisture in the air.
Swamp coolers are definitely designed for our dry air, I'm next door in New Mexico! Chickens do love a stiff breeze in the summer, mine line up right in front of a big turbo fan...yes feathers fly! :D

Back
Top Bottom